We do a lot to make our hair look trendy and stylish, that can be through heat styling, chemical treatments etc, all this along with sun exposure can lead to damaged hair. Damage can be seen in the form of dry, brittle hair and even the split ends. When this damage is there, you can face excessive hair breakage, dryness and frizzy, unmanageable hair. Read: Shahnaz hussain tips for damaged hair
Now, if you’re thinking what can be done to repair the damage and get back the lost beauty of your hair, these handy hair care tips for damaged hair will be extremely useful.
Tips for damaged hair
- Make sure that you minimize or avoid the heat and chemical styling treatments. Go for air drying, if you have time rather than grabbing your hair dryer.
- On bad hair days, instead of using too much styling products, go for buns, braids or ponytail. Don’t worry they are in trend and won’t lessen your style quotient. As an added benefit, it will help control the damage.
- Choose natural and reliable hair care products like shampoos, conditioner, hair masques etc. Too many chemical laden products can further damage the hair rather than doing any good for your already damaged hair.
- It’s always better to go for products that are specifically made for your hair and scalp type.
- Hot oil treatment is excellent for dry damaged hair, therefore make hot oil treatment a habit that you should do once a week.
- Deep conditioning hair masks can also serve your purpose well. Deep conditioning hair mask will restore the lost moisture and will hydrate the hair strands. Here’s a quick recipe for the home made hair mask to reverse the hair damage: Read: Homemade conditioner for damaged hair
- Take about half a cup of olive oil. you can also take almond oil for this hair care treatment and an egg.
- Mix both the olive oil and the egg thoroughly, apply all over the hair, rub it on the scalp and all over the hair strands.
- Leave it for about 30 to 45 minutes. Rinse it off with plain water and then shampoo to get rid of the oil and ward off the smell of the egg.
- This mask will take care of your damaged hair and is an effective tip for damaged hair for sure.
- Regular trimming will make sure that the dry, dead, split ends are chopped off and the rest of the hair with regular nourishment will become healthier gradually.
- After you have washed your hair, try to bloat them with a towel rather than rubbing them. Just bloat the hair to squeeze out the excess water. Rubbing the hair will cause more damage.
- Apply a hair serum when the damaged hair are still in the semi dried state this will make sure that not too many knots are formed and hence while combing the hair breakage will be lesser.
- As a precautionary measure, wear hats, scarves while you’re in sun since, sun damage can further make the hair dry and damaged.
We hope these natural hair care tips will take care of your dry and damaged hair and eventually with the regular treatments like hot oil massage and deep conditioning hair masks. Other than that, drink 7-8 glasses of water daily which helps hydrate the body and hair. Eat vitamins, fresh fruits and vegetables. Soon you’ll restore the natural beauty of your hair.