Tips to take care of feet in winters
Most of us tend to ignore our feet. We pay so much attention to our face, hair, hands etc that feet can be aptly said as the ignored part that needs equal pampering love and care like the rest of our skin does. So how to take care of your feet especially in winters, when the weather is cool, harsh and dry. The dryness can make feet dry, rough, dead skin around the toe nails and also there can be cracked heels which not only look bad but that causes pain as well. So here are some beauty tips to take care of feet in winters and to prevent the dry cracked heels.
1. Foot Bath or a mini pedicure
When the feet are in bad state, dried dead skin is also there thus, the first step in good feet care would be to take off the dead skin from the feet. That dead dried skin is the main reason for cracks and cracked heels too which when ignored can lead to deep cracks that will be extremely painful so scrubbing is the vital step. How to do the foot scrubbing. Here’s the method:
- Take a tub and fill that with warm water.
- Put 2 tablespoonful of salt and some shampoo into that.
- Soak your feet in that warm water and wait for 20 minutes.
- Doing this will relax the tired feet and the dead skin cells will be loosen up. This soaking process also takes away the dirt from the feet.
- Taking a foot file, gentle scrub the heels, sides of the feet and the skin near the toes.
- You can also take pumice stone to remove the dead skin.
Wash the feet with plain water and apply moisturizer. Your mini pedicure a home is done. You can try this once in 10 days.
2. Foot Scrub for smoother feet
Try to scrub your feet regularly like once in a week. You can make a very easy to use foot scrub with some honey and sugar which will make the feet smoother and devoid of dead flaky skin. Wondering how to prepare a foot scrub. Here is the method:
- Take 4 teaspoonful of honey and 4 teaspoonful of sugar.
- Mix it well in a small bowl and add one lemon’s juice into this honey sugar mixture.
- Mix all of them well. Your foot scrub is ready.
- Take some of this scrub and gently rub on the feet in gentle circular motions.
- Keep scrubbing and massaging for 10 minutes after which leave the mixture on the feet for 20 minutes like a foot pack.
- Let the juice of lemon, honey and sugar’s glycolic acid soak into the skin of the feet.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and towel dry the feet.
You will notice that the feet are smoother and softer. Regular application of this foot scrub will also lighten the tan and blemishes from the feet. taking care of feet is not that difficult after all.
3. Moisturization for foot care
After you have done any procedure, it’s time to go with the very crucial one which is moisturization. Take a good foot cream or petroleum jelly or Vaseline and apply that on the feet which will keep the newly exposed skin after the scrubbing softer and hydrated.[Read: Natural remedies for cracked heels]
4. Some beauty tips to take care of the feet
- While taking shower, use foot file, or a pumice store daily or every other day to take off the dead skin from feet.
- Make sure that you apply foot cream, Vaseline or moisturizer on the feet everyday to keep them softer.
- In case of dry cracked heels, Do the above mentioned procedure and apply crack cream on feet at night and wear socks to let the cream wok well.
- You can also try these natural remedies to heal dry cracked heels
- Apply Vaseline or thick cream every night before going to bed.
Taking care of feet in winters is not that difficult when you follow the tips and procedures above. It’s always better to take care and prevent first to enjoy smoother softer feet.