Hi everyone!! How are you all doing? Today, I will share some very good homemade face scrubs for the oily to combination skin. These face scrubs are easy to prepare and won’t require more than 5-10 minutes. Even though you can buy a ready made face scrub from market for oily skin but there is nothing like using herbal homemade chemical free face treatments as they show great results.
Moreover, they do not have any side effects except for certain minor things that you need to keep in mind. Oily skin calls for extra efforts to cleanse and take care of it. Excessive sebum and dead skin cells cab make your oily skin a breeding place for bacteria to cause skin problems like acne, whiteheads, blackheads etc.
Benefits of using Face Scrubs for Skin
Face scrubs are used to exfoliate the skin. By exfoliation we mean getting rid of the dead skin cells that lies on the top most skin surface.
Dead skin cells can be a good breeding place for the bacteriataht csues the acne and pimples. hence it become very importnat to scrub off the dead skin cells.
face care takes patience. So, when you have oily skin then the skin care becoems very importnat and scrubbing is a crucial part of it.
Just imagine your skin is oily but you are not using facial scrubs. So, what will happen? The skin will get skin problems, clogged pores, blackheads etc. I am sure, you do not want all those. Therefore make a habit that you exfoliate the skin thoroughly.
Now, as I said you can either buy a store bought scrub or just make one at home. I would suggest that you buy a store bought one as well, so that when you do not have time then you can use the ready made one to quickly scrub the face. And when you have some time. Then follow any of the recipes below and get smoother glowing skin.
Effective and easy face scrubs for oily skin and combination skin
Here are the face scrubs for oily skin that you can make at home and get a beautiful problem free skin.
1. Papaya and Sugar Face Scrub for oily skin
How to make
- For preparing this scrub, you can take a piece of papaya and mash it thoroughly to make a pulpy gooey paste out of it.
- Once you get that add 2 tea spoonful of sugar.
- Use this to exfoliate your face gently in upward circular motions.
- You can keep massaging for around 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse with plain water. Instantly you will notice that the skin looks smoother and glowing. It feels very soft to touch.
Enzyme called Papain, present in papaya even tones the skin and adds a glow to the skin. This can be done twice a week for your oily skin.This will also reduce the dark spots and age spots on the skin. But be consistent and regular.
Also Read: Homemade oily skin face packs
2. Sugar, Honey and Lime Juice face scrub
Another Scrub that you can make with sugar is this Sugar, honey and lemon juice combination. It is a very popular combination that will not only exfoliate your face but also lightens and hydrates the skin.
You will need
- Lemon juice
How to prepare
- Mix 2 teaspoonful of sugar in 2 teaspoonful of honey.
- Add 5-6 lemon juice drops in this.
- Your face scrub is ready.
- Use it as mentioned earlier and rinse off to see a smoother skin.
- You can do this two times a week.
Also Read: Easy Body Polishing Scrub Recipes
3. Tomato and Oatmeal Face Scrub for oily skin
This is a home made face scrub can be made from tomatoes which I feel is a powerful food item that can be used in beauty treatments in a lot of ways, just like lemons.
You will need
- Rose water or milk
How to make?
- Take 2-3 teaspoonful of oatmeal into a bowl.
- Cut a tomato into half and squeeze the pulp and juice out of it into the bowl.
- If you feel use the other half part too.
- Once you have squeezed the tomato, you should not throw it as it is clean and can be used for some other purpose.
- Use this mixture to gently scrub your face.
- Be gentle and try it twice in a week for oily skin.
4. Baking soda and Rose water Face Scrub for oily skin
This is the easiest natural scrub that you can be made that home.
You will need:
- Baking Soda
- Rose water
- Take half a teaspoonful of baking soda and add some Rose water into it.
- Make sure that the consistency should be a paste like and not too runny.
- Moist your face by splashing some water, apply this paste and scrub away the dead skin layer.
Also Read: Homemade toners for oily skin
5. Banana, Lemon Juice and Sugar Scrub for oily skin
Banana tastes good but do you know it can work as a good face scrub for oily skin as well. Yes it does!
You will need less than half banana and mash it with a fork, add 2 tea spoonful of sugar and some Lime juice. Use this mixture as a face scrub. This works in two ways to exfoliate your skin and to make it glowing.
Also Read: Homemade Face Scrub for sun tan removal
6. Orange peel and Honey face scrub for oily combination skin
For this Face scrub you will need to mix some orange peel powder, you can get it from the market.
How to prepare orange peel powder:
You can prepare orange peel powder at home by drying some orange peels. Once the peels are dried fully then put them in the grinder to make powdery form.
- Add a tea spoonful of orange peel powder in two teaspoonful of honey.
- Moisten your face with water.
- Apply it over the face and scrub.
- This scrub removes the excess oil from the oily skin and also exfoliates.
Also Read: Orange Peel powder face packs and masks
7. Orange peel, Sugar and Banana face scrub for oily skin
Orange peel can also be added to banana along with some sugar to make a fruity face scrub that will helps getting rid of the dead skin.
The quick homemade face scrubs for oily skin shared above are safe to use and will make your skin glowing. You know, these natural tips are the safe methods for skin care and skin lightening as well. Try to do one at a time. Two times a week is considered good to exfoliate your oily to combination skin. Rest you can adjust the frequency as per your experience and requirement.