Dark underarms look bad when you wear sleeveless clothes and they can be quite embarrassing when the overall skin color is fair. The darker under arms look mismatched. Underarms can get darker due to shaving, hair removing creams or using some alcohol laden deodorants. There are several home remedies to whiten the underarms naturally fast. These natural treatments also whiten the dark underarms without causing any skin reactions or allergies.
Home remedies for dark underarms whitening
1. Lemon home remedy for dark underarms
Lemon is a natural skin bleach which is why it is an effective remedy to get rid of the darkness on the underarms. Lemons also keep the underarms area smell free and kills the bacteria. Lemons are great for lightening the dark underarms as they mildly bleach the skin and also removes the darkness caused by the shaving etc.
How to use lemons for underarms lightening?
- Take a lemon and cut it.
- Squeeze it and take out the juice.
- Apply this juice on the underarms and gently massage.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse off.
- It is better to be done before the shower.
- You can also add an entire lemon’s juice into the bath water.
- This will also refreshes up the body and skin.
Another to use lemon is to mix some turmeric powder in it as turmeric powder is good for warding off the underarm smell and also lightens the dark skin.
2. Almond and curd remedy for dark underarms
Another effective remedy to get rid of the dark underarm is with almond and curd. Almonds are good to nourish the skin and its vitamin E protects and naturally whitens the underarms skin whereas curd which has lactic acid will take off the dead skin layer mildly. With this it will also make the underarms smoother and softer. Curd also whitens the dark skin.
How to use almond to whiten underarms: Here is the recipe to this treatment.
- Take 4-5 almonds and soak them in milk at night.
- In the next morning, peel off the almonds and grind them in the grind.
- Add one teaspoonful of curd in that and apply this curd and almond paste on the underarms.
- Keep this for 20 minutes and then rinse off with normal water.
- This can also be used on the face and neck.
- This is one if the best skin lightening remedy for underarms.
3. Milk cream treatment and remedy for dark underarms
Milk cream is also an effective and simple remedy to get rid of the darkness on underarms. Milk cream has milk protein and lactic acid along with other nutrients which improves the skin color of the underarms. Milk cream also makes the underarms softer and smoother so that you get the confidence to wear sleeveless clothes in warmer season. The fatty acids in the milk cream hydrates the area due to which the roughness will be gone.
How to use this milk cream treatment for dark underarms?
- Take one teaspoonful of milk cream in a plate.
- Add some lemon juice in it and 3 pinches of turmeric powder.
- Apply on the underarms and keep for half an hour.
- Rinse with warm water.
4. Castor oil home remedy for underarms darkness removal
Castor oil is loaded with skin friendly nutrients which helps moisturize the skin and get away with the roughness. Apply some castor oil and few drops of jojoba oil on the underarms daily before going to bed. This will helps to whiten the dark underarms skin naturally.
5. Cucumber and green tea remedy for dark underarms
Cucumbers are known to freshen up and whiten the skin and green tea is full on antioxidants. Both these ingredients are one of the best remedies for dark underarms to lighten the skin and remove the darkness of the underarms.
Extract some cucumber juice and add some green tea infused water. Mix both of them and Using a cotton pad apply daily before going to bed this treatment will soon make the underarms lighter and the darkness will be removed.
With the regular use, these simple home remedies for dark underarms will definitely help getting rid of the dark skin and the darkness of underarms so that they match up with the original skin color and should not look bad.