Dry skin is characterized by a flaky, peeling skin with redness at times. Dry skin generally looks powdery due to the outer layer of dried skin which is why it also appears lack lustre and dull. Dry skin become more problematic in winters when the weather is dry and cold. Dry skinned people need the glow, suppleness and dewy skin. Dry skin is also more prone to get wrinkles and fine lines on the face. We will share some herbal and natural remedies that will nourish and deeply hydrate the dry skin so that it looks glowy, youthful and moisturized. These natural skin care tips will also help with the skin tightness and stretchiness.
Best Tips to Get Rid of Dry skin on Face
Here are the effective tips to get rid of the dry skin quickly at home. natural methods are good to make the skin moisturized and hydrated. You must also use night creams for dry skin regularly to wake up with a fresher looking skin in the morning. Moreover, when we use skin creams the skin gets healed and rejuvenated on its own.
1. Almond oil
Almond oil is the best remedy for treating the dry skin on the face and body. Almond oil have high content of vitamin E. Vitamin E is the most vital vitamin to hydrates and deeply nourish the dry skin to make it healthy glowing. Use almond oil to massage the facial skin and body twice in a day to get rid of the skin dryness. This treatment will also boost the skin’s collagen which will fade the fine lines on the dry skin.
2. Almond oil face pack
This face pack is one of the best face packs to get rid of the dryness from the face fast. This is ideal for glowing skin as well which is why this is a must try for dry skinned people and women or men who are in their 30s or 40s with dry flaky facial skin. Banana is a rich source of phosphorus, vitamin B complex, Vitamin C and other nourishing components that maintain the skin’s elasticity and moisture levels balanced. Vitamin C helps making skin tone lighter and firmer. This is a great face pack for skin tightening as well since the nourishing agents in both almond oil and banana are in ample amount. Almond oil is full in natural antioxidants and vitamin E.
3. Milk cream
Milk cream has high amount of fatty acids which hydrates and moisturizes the dry skin to take away the flaky and peeling skin.
- Take some milk cream and apply that on the face. Wash after 20 minutes.
- Do this face mask with milk cream everyday to take care of the dry skin at home.
- Milk cream can also be used on the body skin before going to shower.
Honey is a natural humectant which means it attracts moisture thus is a great remedy to treat the dry facial skin. Honey has vitamin and minerals too which heals the peeling skin and improves the skin health.
- Take some honey and smear evenly on the face and body while you’re in the shower.
- Let it dry for half and hour and then complete the bath.
- Doing this natural treatment for dry skin daily will help nourish the dryness of the skin.
- [Winter packs for dry skin]
5. Coconut oil
Coconut oil has been used in India to hydrate and nourish the hair and scalp. Coconut oil is ideal remedy to cure the dry skin problem too. This oil can be used on the face and body to get rid of the dryness and flakiness.
- Coconut oil is also said to relive the itching due to dryness on the body skin.
- Apply organic coconut oil on the face and body before going to shower.
- Massage for 5- 10 minutes and the take the bath.
This is an excellent way to moisturize the dry skin especially in winters. Do know about the best extra virgin coconut oils in India
Avocados are wonderful in curing the dryness of skin and scalp. They nourish the dry damaged hair and similarly avocados help in treating the dry skin.
- Take an avocado and mash it to make a pulp. Add some honey in it and use that on the face.
- Keep it and wash after half an hour. It is great for treating the dryness and stretchy feeling.
- This remedy is good for skin glowing too.
So, this is how you can combat and care for your dry skin. do you have some recipes then do let us know.