Whiteheads can be a concern for those who have oily combination skin. Teenagers who have oily skin often suffer from this common problem of whiteheads and blackheads. Whiteheads are more prominent on the nose, cheekbones, chin and foreheads. Before we go through the treatments to get rid of the whiteheads, it is also important to know what whiteheads are. Whiteheads are comedones which are formed when a large skin pore gets clogged with sebum and dead skin cells which is then infected by the bacteria to form a comedone. Comedone is a tiny blob like hardened substance which when covered with a fine sheath of skin appears white in color and forms a whitehead. This is the reason why the whiteheads look pearly white in appearance. On the contrary, when it is not exposed by the skin layer and when exposed to air gets oxidized and turns black in color and is called as blackhead. Blackheads are far easier to get rid of then the whiteheads which take extra time to get rid of the face. But with these best home remedies and natural treatments these whiteheads can be removed from the skin effectively.
Home remedies to get rid of the whiteheads fast at home
1. Face steaming
The major culprit behind the whiteheads are clogged pores on the face hence steaming is one of the best treatment to get rid of the whiteheads. Steaming deep cleanses the pores, melts the hardened sebum and allows the impurities to flow down the pores. Face steaming also keeps the pores clean when done on regular basis like once in 15 days for 5 minutes.
How to steam the face to get rid of the whiteheads:
- Take a large tub of water and fill that with hot water. Put some drops of tea tree or neem oil if you wish.
- Take a towel cover yourself and scoop down over the tub of water.
- Stay there 5 minutes. Let the steam soak the face.
- After 5 minutes, remove the towel and wipe the face with a wash cloth.
- Apply a toner on the face.
Before the toner you can also use a face scrub to remove the whiteheads. They will not be removed in a single time but it will take repetitions to clear the whiteheads from the face.
2. Sugar and Honey scrub
Exfoliation is the best thing that one can do to get rid of the whiteheads from the nose, cheeks etc. Scrubbing takes away the dead skin and removes the clogged pores, this prevents the whiteheads formation. While we scrub, the thin over the whiteheads are also removed which helps in extraction of the whiteheads after a couple of days.
How to prepare and use sugar and honey scrub for whiteheads removal?
- Take 1 teaspoonful of honey and 1 teaspoonful of sugar.
- Put 2-3 drops of lemon juice as well. Use this natural scrub to exfoliate the face.
- Concentrate on the areas which have the whiteheads in abundance like on nose, cheeks etc.
Scrubs can be tried every other day when the skin is very oily and acne prone. This keeps the pores clean by regularly taking off the dead skin layer from the face.
3. Nutmeg and Lemon juice
Nutmeg and lemon juice is a good remedy to treat whiteheads fast. Nutmeg is exfoliating and lemon cures the bacterial infection to get rid of whiteheads.
- Take nutmeg power in a small bowl and mix half teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Apply on the face and wash after 20 minutes.
- This should be tried 3 times a week for best results.
4. Rice flour and honey
Rice flour powder is an excellent face exfoliant and has the great potential to treat the whiteheads on the face. It is suggested that the regular use of this remedy will keep the whiteheads away from the face and remove the whiteheads fast.
How to make rice flour and honey face pack scrub for whiteheads.
- Take one teaspoonful of rice flour power and one teaspoonful of the pure organic honey.
- Mix both of them and apply on the face as a pack.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes and gently scrub if off from the face.
- You can use gentle massaging motions to remove this pack from the face.
This will remove the whiteheads fast but will take at least 3- 5 treatments of this remedy. This can be tried 3 times in a week.
5. Benzoyl peroxide for whiteheads
Benzoyl peroxide is quite efficient in the treatment of whiteheads and acne on the face. Apply benzoyl peroxide gel on the face at night and it will soon clear the whiteheads from the face.
Tomato juice has enzymes which clear the whiteheads and eventually will remove them from the face.This also improves complexions and dark spots.
- Take some tomato juice and add some gram flour and besan into it.
- It will get slightly thicker than using the juice alone.
- Apply it on the face and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse off.
Enzymes and nutrients in potatoes also have the same whiteheads clearing properties. To use potatoes for whiteheads, you will need to take potato slices and rub those over the whiteheads and leave that over night to work. The juice of potato will work overnight and it will get rid of the whiteheads faster.
Baking soda is a mild exfoliant which also helps a lot in whiteheads and oily skin.
- Mix some baking soda with water to make a paste of mid consistency.
- The paste should not be very thick or too runny.
- Apply this paste on the whiteheads and keep for 10 minutes rinse by gently rubbing the whiteheads with that paste. It will treat the whiteheads soon.
9. Cinnamon and water
In the same manner cinnamon and water paste can also be used to cure the whiteheads on the nose, cheeks, foreheads. Cinnamon is anti bacterial and anti inflammatory. It gently scrubs the dead cells and opens up the clogged pores. This remedy is also good to prevent the whiteheads. Mix one teaspoonful of cinnamon power with water and apply over the whiteheads.
10. Besan, turmeric and milk
Besan is ideal to keep the skin pores open and preventing the whiteheads. This ubtan pack removes the whiteheads and keeps the skin clear blemish free. This has to be done regular to get rid of the whiteheads though.
- Mix some besan with rose water and add 2 pinches of turmeric powder.
- Apply on the face and rinse after 20 minutes.
Clay packs are the best treatments to get rid of the whiteheads naturally as the clay mud mask packs will take away the extra oils and grease from the face. Clap packs also declog the skin’s clogged and blocked pores which also act as a preventive measures in keeping the whiteheads formation under control.
How to use multani mitti clay packs for whiteheads:
- Take one teaspoonful of multani mitti or any other clay you can find.
- Mix with with some rose water or plain water.
- Make a paste and use on the face to layer evenly. Let it dry and wash off.
- You can also add one drop of tea tree oil for making this pack further purifying.
12. Sandalwood and Neem powder
Another herbal remedy for whiteheads is with sandalwood and neem powder. Sandalwood has an extremely wonderful soothing nature which deeply cleans the skin and removes whiteheads naturally.
How to use:
- Mix some sandalwood with neem powder and make paste with water.
- Apply and rinse after 20 minutes.
13. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is ideal for the acne prone skin and use of the tea tree oil keeps the skin free of clogged pores which also prevents the whiteheads. This remedy treats the whiteheads and also heals the acne infection on the face.
Usage of tea tree oil for whiteheads:
Add 1/4 teaspoonful of tea tree oil in one teaspoonful of water and with a cotton ball. Apply on the whiteheads and the acne at night. If any irritation happens increase the amount of water.