Aloe Vera gel is lately being used in a lot of skin care products which are mostly dedicated for the sensitive skin. This is because of the healing and anti inflammatory benefits of aloe vera gel. Earlier we have shared the benefits of aloe vera gel for skin and hair and in this article we will share how aloe vera gel can be used on the face and aloe vera gel uses for hair. Here are some amazing uses of aloe vera gel for beauty.
Uses of Aloe vera gel for face and skin
1. Use of aloe vera gel as oil free moisturizer
The most amazing use of aloe vera gel is for oily acne prone skin as an oil fee moisturizer. aloe vera gel has skin healing properties and antioxidants like Vitamin A, C and Vitamin E. Its water rich texture hydrates the oily combination skin without the oiliness.
How to use aloe vera gel for oily skin:
- Take a pea sized amount of aloe vera gel.
- Apply on the acne prone oily skin twice in a day after cleansing the face.
- This will lightly moisturize without feeling heavy on the skin.
2. Uses of aloe vera gel as face cleanser
Aloe vera gel is a good cleanser. Aloe vera gel alone may not be sufficient but my mixing with the best natural cleanser that nature has given, which is besan (gram flour powder), it thoroughly cleanses the face without drying.
- Take one half teaspoonful of aloe vera gel and half teaspoonful of besan.
- Mix them and apply on the face.
- Rub on the face for 2 minutes and then wash off.
- This cleanser is good for rashy itchy sensitive skin as well.
3. Use of aloe vera gel in shaving
Do you know that when we shave to get rid of the unwanted hair, aloe vera gel can be used as a shaving gel? It will not only hydrated the skin but will also make the shaving a lot easier. Aloe vera gel has high water content and anti inflammatory properties which keep the rashes or mild irritation at bay. Read: shaving tips for men
How to use aloe vera gel for shaving:
- Take some fresh aloe vera gel in the palms.
- Rub on the area which needs to be shaved.
- Take some baby oil and mix in the aloe vera gel and apply again.
- Now, shave the skin with the razor.
Also Read: Beauty uses of Cucumbers
4. Use of aloe vera gel for stretch marks
Stretch marks can be quite a problem. They can be due to pregnancy sudden weight loss etc but the thing is, we don’t want them on our body. Use of Aloe vera gel can help fade or lighten the stretch marks on the body effectively. Aloe vera gel is also an effective remedy to get rid of the stretch marks naturally at home.
- Take half teaspoonful of aloe vera gel and half teaspoonful of almond oil and 5-6 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all of them well. Daily apply on the skin that has the stretch marks.
- First massage lightly and then leave it.
- Using this treatment twice in a day is suggested to lighten the stretch marks from the skin.
5. Use of aloe vera gel for minor cuts and burns
Aloe vera gel has healing nature with anti inflammation properties that will soothe the skin and the minor burns, cuts, insect bites etc. Just apply the aloe vera gel over the affected skin and leave it. Aloe vera gel also soothe the burnings sensation though for anything serious please do refer a physician.
Also Read: Beauty Uses of Glycerin
6. Use of aloe vera gel as face scrub
Aloe vera gel is soothing and healing. It can also be made into a face scrub as well by mixing this into other skin friendly and beneficial ingredients.
Procedure for aloe vera gel face scrub
- Take 2 teaspoonful of aloe vera gel and mix one teaspoonful of rice powder.
- Add 3-5 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all and use this to exfoliate the face.
- This scrub should be used 2 times a week based on the skin type and is suitable for all the skin types.
Uses of aloe vera gel for hair
7. Use of aloe vera gel for dandruff
Fresh aloe vera gel is rich in nutrients and anti inflammatory healing nature thus it helps relive the dry itchy scalp with dandruff. To enhance its efficiency some other herbal ingredients can also be mixed like neem powder which is anti fungal in nature and dandruff being a fungal infection can be cleared efficiently.
How to use aloe vera gel for dandruff dry scalp:
- Take 2 teaspoonful of aloe vera gel and mix half teaspoonful of neem powder or crushed neem paste if neem powder is not available.
- Make sure that you use pure things as some store bought products can have some other herbs and ingredients too.
- Mix both of them and massage on the scalp.
- Keep this for one hour and wash the scalp.
- Do this aloe vera gel neem treatment for dandruff two times in a week for best results.
8. Use of aloe vera gel for unruly eyebrows
This use of aloe vera gel is more like a makeup use. If your eyebrows happen to be unruly or you wish the eyebrow hairs to be in place then aloe vera gel use can help you.
- Take a mascara wand and put some aloe vera gel over it.
- Lightly brush across the eyebrow hair with that brush and leave it.
- The eyebrows will stay in place all day long.
9. Use of aloe vera gel for taming that frizzy hair
Frizzy hair ruins the hairstyle. This hair concern can also be tackled with the usage of aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel is water based hence it will not weigh down the hair but will work as a light serum which can detangle the hair and reduce the frizz.
How to use aloe vera gel for hair frizz:
- Take half teaspoonful of aloe vera gel and add 2 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Vitamin E oil is available as capsules. Break a capsule and pour out 2 drops of it in that aloe vera gel.
- Mix it well and apply on the semi dried hair.
- It helps detangle and tame the hair.
So, weren’t these uses of aloe vera gel amazing. I hope you try some of them to get rid of the beauty concerns you may have. If you know any tips with aloe vera gel then do share in the comments.