Home remedies to get rid of blackheads faster from face, nose, cheeks etc
Tiny dot like beads over the nose, cheeks, chin etc are known as blackheads. Blackheads are nothing but distant cousins of whiteheads. When your skin pores get clogged with dead skin and the hardened sebum. This gets oxidized to form a blackhead. When this pore blockage is under a fine layer of skin then we call them whiteheads. Blackheads will be most commonly found over the nose, chin and cheeks. Or in other words, the skin areas where there are overactive sebaceous glands and dead skin. Therefore, the easiest way to keep the blackheads away is to keep the skin clean and free from the debris and dead skin cells.
How blackheads are formed on face?
Too much sebum production by the sebaceous glands
Dirt and dust accumulation on the face.
Dead skin cell accumulation along with the hardened sebum in the pores.
Not taking care of skin in a good manner.
Not using skin care products for the skin type or using wrong skin care products.
So, here are some home remedies that will get rid of the blackheads form the face faster and easier.
Natural ways and remedies to cure the blackheads
1. Honey and sugar Scrub
Honey is good to making the skin supple and moisturized. Sugar on the other hand is great for exfoliating the skin. Other than that sugar also has glycolic acid which exfoliates the dead skin cells is a gentle manner. Here is the procedure:
- Take one teaspoonful of sugar and one teaspoonful of organic honey.
- Keep this for 5 minutes so that the sugar gets dissolved in the honey. To make a pulpy gooey paste.
- Now apply this with either a spatula or your finger over the blackheads, like on the nose, cheeks, chin etc where you have blackheads.
- Keep this for 5 minutes. Then gently scrub the skin with this sugar and honey scrub to remove the blackheads and to uproot them from the base.
2. Sugar and lemon for blackheads
Another sugar recipe for blackheads is with lemon juice. Lemon juice is enriched with vitamin C. Vitamin C gives good results in plugging off the blackheads over from the face. Here is how you can use lemon juice and sugar to get rid of blackheads.
- Mix one teaspoonful of sugar with 2 teaspoonful of lemon juice. Mix them well
- Keep this mixture aside to let the sugar cubes melt well. This will become gooey and pulpy by now.
- Apply this mixture over the blackheads or rather on the entire face to get a smoother skin.
- Keep this for 10 minutes then gently scrub the sugar scrub with the fingers.
- This will scrub off the blackhead nicely and leaves the skin glowing also.
- This can be tried 2-3 times in a week if the blackheads are not eliminated for the first time.
Also See: Lemon juice for acne scars and marks
3. Steaming the face for blackheads removal
The benefits of steaming the face are numerous. When we do a home face clean up then also steaming is crucial since this deeply cleanse the skin pores. Basically when the steam reaches the face, this dissolves the hardened sebum and also makes the skin pores free from the dirt and dust. Steaming is a very easy home method to get rid of the blackheads faster, rather overnight.
How to steam to get rid of the blackheads:
- Take a bowl and fill that with hot water. The water should be steaming hot so that the steam can reach the face while you take the steam.
- Take a thick towel and cover yourself with this. Then stoop over the bowl of water, cover yourself and the bowl in a way that the steam should not escape else the water will get cool very fast.
- Let the steam reach the face. Keep in the same position and take steam for about 5-7 minutes.
- After that, you will feel that the skin has become moisten with steam and the skin has become a lot softer.
- Now taking a wash cloth wipe off the face. With the washcloth scrub the nose, cheeks etc where you have got the blackheads.
- Steam your face 2 times in a week to remove the blackheads completely. Then follow only once in a week to keep the skin pores clean and to keep the pores clean.
Also See: Remedies for open pores at home
4. Mud mask for blackheads
Mud mask is also a great way to remove the blackheads from nose chin, face etc. Mud takes off the excessive oils and dirt from the face. Thus you can use the most easily available inexpensive mud which is Fuller’s earth. How to use fuller’s earth to get rid of blackheads.
- Take some fuller’s earth powder and mix that with some rose water.
- You need to make a paste which is neither very thick nor very runny.
- So, apply that on the face and wash after 20 minutes. Try this 3 times in a week to keep the skin clean and free from blackheads.
5. Egg face pack
Egg white has a peeling effect therefore egg white mask is good for eliminating the blackheads and whiteheads from the face. You can use egg white and this will also give another good bonus which is to shrink the skin pores. This has to be tried 2 times in a week to keep the skin clean and then to free the skin from blackheads. Here is how to use egg white to get rid of blackheads.
- To try this treatment, break an egg into a bowl, then separate the egg white from the yolk. You can use a spoon for that.
- Then take that egg white with a small cotton ball and apply over the blackheads.
- Let it get dry and once this gets dry apply another layer.
- This way apply three layer and when the egg white dries off then you can scrub this off and wash the face.
More Quick tips to get rid of the blackheads
1. Baking soda and water to remove blackheads
Make a paste of baking soda with the help of some water. Apply this paste on the blackheads and let this get dry for 10 minutes. Then wet your fingers and scrub the baking soda off the face. This will uproot the blackheads and will keep the skin pores clean. You can also apply this over the blackheads only or over the entire face so that this can polish the skin for a smooth face.
2. Tomato juice and oatmeal
Mix some tomato juice with some oatmeal. Use this to scrub off the blackheads. You can also apply a layer of this mixture first then leave this for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes you can scrub this off. This has to be done daily to keep the skin blackheads free.
Additional tips and ways to prevent the blackhead
Blackheads are result of the excessive sebum. Thus, you should keep the skin clean. You can wash the face 2-3 times in a day, if the skin gets oily then you can wash the face with pain water to remove the excessive oil.
To control the excessive oil production a clay pack can also be used once in a day.
Always remove the makeup before you go to sleep. Makeup that is there on the skin for a lot longer, then it can block the skin pores and there can be blackheads, whiteheads and others skin problems.
Drink lots of water. Water flushes out the toxins and keeps the skin clear of problems like pimples, blackheads and whiteheads,
Always use skin care and makeup products which are suitable for your skin type else skin problems can arise. See: Skin care routine for acne prone oily skin
Scrub the face 2-3 times in a week which will ensure that the skin stays clean and there is no accumulation of dead skin cells and sebum on the face.