Green tea is one of the most powerful antioxidant rich beverages which has become extremely popular all over the globe. Medicinal uses of green tea are numerous but here we will concentrate more on the face packs that can be made from the green tea. Poly-phenols are group of antioxidants that gives green tea its wonderful properties for skin like it is skin brightening, pore tightening, pore cleanser, anti inflammatory and soothing. Green tea is also has excellent anti aging properties. These homemade Green tea face packs are good for most of the skin types and are very suitable for the sensitive skin. So, if you are wondering how to make a green tea face mask/ pack at home then this article is for you.
Face Packs with Green tea
1. Green tea face pack with oats and milk for glow
This face pack is for glowing skin and the benefits of oats and milk along with green tea gives this face pack amazing properties to make the skin supple and softer with consistent use.
Procedure for this green tea face pack:
- Take some green tea leaves and add that to 3 teaspoonful of milk in a bowl.
- In that add half teaspoonful of oats and keep it aside.
- After 5 minutes when the oats gets softer.
- Mash them with fingers and apply gently on the face.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and rinse with normal water.
- This treatment with green tea can be done 2 times in a week and is for all skin types to get glowing skin.
2. Green tea pack with cucumber juice for pore tightening
Large pores on the face can look really bad when the skin overall is flawless in complexion. This green tea face pack along with cucumber juice makes an excellent remedy to treat the large pores on the skin and is also a pore tightening face pack made at home.
Recipe for this pack:
- Take half teaspoonful of green tea leaves and add it to half cup of boiling water.
- Let it brew for 5 minutes and after that strain the green tea water.
- After that take a slice of cucumber and put that in the juicer.
- Extract the juice. Mix the cucumber juice (around the same amount) in the green tea water and mix.
- Apply this on the face and wait for 10 minutes. Wash off with plain water.
This can be done daily and the leftover juice pack needs not to be thrown. You can store that in a bottle and keep in the refrigerator. It can last for up to 4- days after which you can make again. You will notice skin is refreshed and pores are much smaller.
3. Sugar green tea face pack for exfoliation
Skin exfoliation is crucial for healthy skin and when green tea is added to the face pack it work in two ways as a homemade face pack and a face scrub.
Recipe of green tea face pack and face scrub:
- Take half teaspoonful of green tea and add one teaspoonful of honey and one teaspoonful of honey into it.
- Mix them and use on the face to gently scrub in circular upward movements.
- Scrub for 2-3 minutes and then leave it as a face mask on the skin.
- Wash after 20 minutes.
- This green tea face pack will make the face smoother, clear and glowing due to honey and sugar.
4. Neem and green tea face pack for acne on face
Teenagers or adults who are struggling to get rid of the acne and pimples on the face and back can try this green tea neem face pack. Neem is antibacterial and green tea is rejuvenating. Both of these ingredients will effectively clear the acne off the face.
Procedure to prepare:
- Take half cup of water and put half teaspoonful of green tea leaves and 5-6 neem leaves or neem powder.
- Let it boil when it becomes reddish green with green tea. Stop boiling.
- Let it cool off and add a teaspoonful of multani mitti.
- Here you will have to check the amount of multani mitti as we neem a paste of medium consistency so put multani mitti according to that.
- Apply on the clean face and wash after 20 minutes. This should be done 2 times in a week for good results in acne.
Orange peel and green are good combination to exfoliate and to get rid of the excess oil. This green tea facial pack with orange peel powder keeps the pores clean and removes clogged pores from the face.
Procedure to prepare:
- Take half teaspoonful of green tea leaves and add the same quantity of orange peel powder.
- Add one teaspoonful of honey.
- Mix and use on the face in a layer. Wash after 20 minutes.
6. Milk cream and green tea face pack for dry skin and wrinkles
Dry flaki parched skin is far from looking glowing and radiant. It does illuminate or glow rather feels stretchy most of the times, hence this homemade green tea face pack is excellent remedy to get rid of the dryness on the face naturally at home with just two ingredients.
Directions to prepare this green tea pack:
Mix half teaspoonful of green tea leaves in one teaspoonful of milk cream. Ix them well and keep aside for 5 minutes. Mix it again and apply face. First massage this on face for 5 minutes and then leave for 20 minutes. Wash with normal water and see the glow on the face. Please remember, this face pack is only for dry skin and not at all for oily combination skin.
This green tea face pack targets the fairness and is good to get the fair skin by natural means at home.
Procedure for this Green tea face pack:
Take one teaspoonful of besan (gram flour) 2 pinches of turmeric and half teaspoonful of green tea leaves. Add milk to mix all these products to form a medium consistency paste. Use this face mask on the face and rinse after 15- 20 minutes.
8. Egg white and green tea face pack for wrinkle on face
Fine lines and deep wrinkles can be dreadful once we start to age or at times these can be due to premature aging of the skin. Green tea is a powerful antioxidant which keeps the skin younger looking and egg white tighten the facial skin naturally hence this egg white green tea face pack is best as anti aging and face tightening pack at home.
Procedure for face mask with green tea:
- Take egg white and add some green tea leaves.
- Mix it will and apply evenly on the face.
- Wash when it gets dried after 20 minutes.
9. Green tea face pack with honey for glowing face
Glowing skin is like a dream for most us girls. Not for the face but the glowing skin for the body skin as well. This green tea honey pack is very simple remedy to get glowing skin in a natural way.
Recipe for this glowing skin face pack:
- Take less than one teaspoonful of green tea leaves and add one teaspoonful of honey.
- Mix both of them and apply on the face as thick layer.
- Wash after 20 minutes. This can be tried 2 times in a week.
10. Green tea toning face pack for Bright skin
- This toning pack is good for all skin types and can be done daily.
- Take half teaspoonful of green tea leaves and add one teaspoonful of orange juice.
- Mix them and keep it aside for 5minutes. Use it as face pack.
- Wait for 15 minutes and wash off.
It would be runny so lightly dab it on the face and keep a napkin underneath the face so that the clothes are not spoiled.
These are the green tea face packs and mask that are easy to make at home. These targets different skin problems, so you can pick the one that you like. You can sue green tea for skin whitening as well.