Tulsi can treat your acne and pimples efficiently. Yes tulsi, which is known as Holy basil, is a very popular plant that is known for its medicinal properties. This wonderful plant’s leaves can help to eliminate acne causing bacteria. Acne and pimples are problematic. Moreover, they leave scars and marks, even when they are treated. Therefore, a plant like Tulsi is good to cure face pimples, marks, skin diseases and allergies. Furthermore, you need to avoid certain things that create trouble for your skin like excessive exposure in the sun, pollution, over usage of chemical based products. All these factors can lead to dull and lifeless looking skin and face. Here, are the best ways you can apply tulsi for the natural treatment for acne and spots.
Not only that, tulsi is also one of thsoe Ayurvedic herbs, known for skin whitening benefits, pigmentation removal, and to get you glowing skin.
Tulsi Leaves Benefits for Skin
Tulsi leaves are wonderful for the skin and the plant has several benefits for the skin, hair and general health. These benefits are mostly due to the nourishing and antiseptic properties of Tulsi. Let’s see some of the noteworthy benefits of Tulsi for skin.
- Tulsi is rich in anti bacterial properties, hence, this will keep the irritated acne prone skin calm and prevents pimples.
- This also treats the pimples by killing the bacteria that causes the pimples.
- Moreover, as a health benefit leaves of Tulsi purifies the blood and remove the toxins from the body as well.
- Not just the topical application but Tulsi also shows great results in improving the acne infections.
- Tulsi promotes cell renewal and this gets rid of acne scar marks and even tone the skin.
- It also whitens and lightens the skin tone effectively especially in summers.
- Basil leaves also cures the blackheads and whiteheads removal by exfoliating the skin.
- Tulsi leaves reduces the inflammation and redness of swollen pimples on face.
- Open pores not only look bad but also attract dirt and dead skin cells, hence, regular application of Tulsi leaves face pack also tightens the pores.
How to Make Tulsi Powder at Home
Making tulsi powder is an easy process. In fact, one made you can start doing tulsi powder uses for skin and hair.
- You will need 2-3 cups of tulsi leaves.
- Wash the leaves with clear water so that the dust, dirt can be removed.
- Once you have washed them properly, keep these Tulsi leaves in the sunlight.
- It takes 3-4 days for the tulsi leaves to get completely dried and lose the moisture.
- To check, if the leaves are fully dried or not, you can break a leave and try to mash it. If it does easily then the leaves are dried completely.
- Take these dried leaves and put them in the grinder.
- Grind the leaves till you get its powder.
- This is the Tulsi powder.
- This powder can be used to prepare tulsi face packs, scrubs and remedies to cure pimples, blemishes, pigmentation etc.
How to Use Tulsi to Cure Pimples and Acne Scars on the Face
1. Tulsi and Neem Face Pack
Neem and tulsi have multiple benefits for the skin. Considering both are antibacterial, they help to eliminate pimples. Simply by applying the pack with neem and tulsi for oily skin, can drastically improve in the pimple and scarring. Tulsi a natural plant that has antibacterial properties which protect your skin and body from all kinds of infections and disorders. This is why, we said, tulsi paste is good for oily skin type. Additionally, Neem is the best remedy to cure acne and zits naturally.
How to apply it?
- Take 12-15 leaves of neem and tulsi each.
- Grind them with little water in a grinder.
- Now add a pinch of turmeric in it. Use honey for sensitive skin
- Apply over your clean and dry face by using a face pack brush or finger
- Keep it for 25 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
- The tulsi neem pack is safe for sensitive skin and combination skin too.
- It can be applied everyday till the acne clears.
As an added benefit, it also whitens your skin.
2. Tulsi and Honey Face Pack
Tulsi contains anti-inflammatory properties that provide a shield to your skin from acne and other skin troubles. It cleanses your skin deeply. Honey also works against infections, skin rash and restore moisture into your face. It removes dullness and adds shine and whitening. This is why, it’s good to use tulsi and honey for skin. Honey also helps in removing dark spots and controls formation of wrinkles at an early age. It’s also one of the best tulsi face pack for glowing skin with honey.
How to use it?
- Take adequate amount of tulsi powder in a separate bowl
- Add 1 full spoon of honey in it
- Mix all the ingredients well using a spoon
- Now apply it onto your clean face and skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
I’ll also suggest you to take a look at this article on how to use Aloe vera for Pimples, Acne and scars
3. Tulsi and Mint Leaves Home Remedy for Acne
Tulsi face pack benefits: Tulsi combined with mint leaves will work great on spots and excessive oiliness. In fact, tulsi works as a skin toner as well. This pack is basically for skin lightening, toning the dilated pores and to get rid of pimples. Mint has a cooling effect on the face. It controls acne production and stops its recurrence. It improves your skin tone and suitable for all skin types.
How to use it?
- Take 5 spoons of tulsi powder in a small bowl
- Add 3 spoons of mint powder in it
- You can dry mint and tulsi leaves under sunlight and then grind them in a grinder to form a paste.
- Now add 2 full spoons of fresh and cool rose water
- Pat dry your face, apply this face mask onto your acne prone skin
- Leave it for 30 minutes or until dries out
- Rinse it with lukewarm and cold water.
- It can be done everyday until tulsi clears your pimples.
4. Rice Flour and Tulsi Leaves For Glowing Skin
Rice flour is good for acne prone skin as it de-clogs the blocked pores. Additionally, it helps in disappearing spots and acne. It whiten and lightens the skin color and makes it more smooth and glowing than before. It’s actually is a scrub with tulsi and rice powder that cleanse your skin pores and takes out all the dirt and dust. Moreover, with this remedy, you can also use tulsi for glowing skin.
How to make and apply it?
- Take 2 full spoons of rice flour
- Also take 3 spoons of tulsi powder or juice
- Add 1 spoon of yoghurt in the bowl
- Mix all the ingredients using a spoon
- Massage it onto your clean face for a few minutes
- Let it dry for sometime like 5 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Do this 2 times in a week.
5. Tulsi and Tomato Juice
Out of the multiple ways to use tulsi for treating pimple marks, this is good for dark spots and pimples both. Using tulsi on skin , in anyways does a lot of care.
- Take 1 teaspoonful of Tulsi powder or the paste of crushed Tulsi leaves.
- Put that in a bowl. Mix with 1-2 teaspoonful of tomato pulp.
- Mix them well.
- Apply on the face and rinse with plain water after 20 minutes.
- Do it thrice a week
- It’s the best pack for controlling oils.
6. Tulsi and Papaya Pack for Pimple Scars
- Take a thin slice of fresh papaya and mash this in a plate or bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoonful of Tulsi powder.
- Apply evenly on the face.
- Wash face after 20 minutes.
- Repeat and try this remedy 2 times in a week.
- It’s the best way to apply tulsi with papaya to get glowing skin by eliminating the scars and pimple marks.
7. Tulsi Leaves and Sandalwood Pack for Redness
- Take 1 teaspoonful of Tulsi powder and one teaspoonful of sandalwood powder.
- Mix them using some rose water.
- Rose water is very refreshing for the acne prone skin.
- Smear evenly on the face and neck also.
- Try this 3 times in a week for fair and acne scar free skin tone.
- It effectively cures redness of pimples and heals them faster and overnight.
- It’s effective way to apply tulsi for pimples on face.
8. Tulsi and Curd or Yogurt Pack
- Mix little bit of Tulsi powder of tulsi leaves paste in a 1-2 teaspoonful of fresh curd or yoghurt.
- Apply on the face and neck area.
- Rinse with normal water after 30 minutes.
- This will provide relief in acne, pimples and their scars.
- It is also the best method to use tulsi for skin with pimples
9. Tulsi Face Scrub
- You will need some tulsi leaves or tulsi powder.
- Add 1-2 teaspoonful of fine sugar crystals in a bowl.
- Crush 10-12 tulsi leaves and add in the sugar or add 1 teaspoonful of tulsi powder.
- Mix 1 teaspoonful of honey in this.
- Use this to scrub the face and neck gently.
- Scrub for 1-2 minutes using circular movements.
- Once the scrubbing is done, keep this as a face mask to cure the pimples for another 10 minutes.
- Then wash the face and neck.
- Repeat this 2 times in a week for smooth and acne free face.
Tulsi Skin Toner for Pimples and Pores
Benefits of Tulsi Leaves Toner:
Tulsi leaves toner is for acne prone skin and for open pores. It will refine skin pores and keeps them clean. This DIY tulsi toner also shrinks the pores and mildly removes dead skin on your face. Regular application will improve the skin tone by regulating the pH balance and sebum.
When to apply: It can be used at night for the best results. Take some on the cotton pad and dab on to the skin. Moreover, this Tulsi toner is for acne, sensitive skin and to treat pimples on the face. It is suitable for teenagers and young adults.
How to prepare this toner with tulsi leaves
- Take 3 cups of filtered water in a saucepan.
- Let the water boil.
- Then, add 18-20 crushed leaves of tulsi in it.
- Let this boil for another 5 minutes.
- Stop boiling the water and allow this to get cool down.
- Strain the water and fill in a clean bottle.
- Bottle with spray pump would be better.
How to apply:
- Use this tulsi toner on the face by sparing or taking little bit on the cotton pad.
- Gently dab with cotton pad and press.
- Keep this overnight.
Steaming with Tulsi Leaves and Tea tree oil For Pimples
Another beauty recipe with tulsi that helps a lot in the natural treatment of pimples at home is steaming the face with tulsi water. But before that, also consider reading this post in your free time that talks about how you can Use Essential oils for scars and marks on face
For this treatment, you will need:
- Tulsi leaves
- Tea tree oil
- Bowl of water
- Take 4-5 glasses of water in big bowl.
- Add 10-12 drops of tea tree oil and 10-12 leaves of tulsi in it.
- Let the water get boiled.
- When the water get steaming boiled, stop boiling.
- Take this bowl and put on the floor, floor is safe as the hot water bowl will not damage the table.
- Take a towel and cover you head.
- Then stoop or lean over the bowl and let the steam come over your face.
- It feels hot at first but after some time it feels okay.
- Take this steam for 4-5 minutes.
- After that using a washcloth rub the face, but be gentle. Doing so will remove the dead skin cells, blackheads, whiteheads etc.
- Apply a toner and a light anti acne cream. Here, is a list that helps you in choosing the best anti pimple creams.
- Evening time is the best for steaming your face.
With the above mentioned tips and treatments using tulsi leaves for face, you can get rid of the pimple and acne at home. Tulsi is a great medicinal plant that is easily found in Indian homes. If not, you can buy a tulsi plant which are very inexpensive.
Keep that plant in one of the corners of the house but not with too much of sunlight. Try the remedies and tips with tulsi leaves for skin and pimples, regularly to get clear skin and blemish free tone.
If acne and scars is your major concern then do read our related posts on combating the acne and pimple marks.