Coconut Oil Overnight Masks recipes and benefits
When it comes to oiling the hair, coconut oil is the most used oil. Hot oil massaging or for the regular oiling purpose, coconut oil gives all the vital nutrients to the scalp and keeps the hair healthier. Pure coconut oil is chemical free and with no compound that causes allergies. So, if your hair is unruly, dry, damaged from sun or if your hair has lots of splits ends then coconut oil is the best oil to be used. We will share these 3 coconut oil hair masks that will be magical in enhancing the overall quality of the hair and also treats hair loss.
So, let get to know how coconut oil helps in making the hair beautiful.
Benefits of Overnight Coconut oil hair mask in hair care
- Coconut oil is very hydrating in nature and even if it is in solid state that can be lightly warmed up to make it suitable for hair massaging.
- Coconut oil may seems thicker but the fact is that this will penetrate better in the hair as compared with oils like olive oil, castor oil etc.
- This magical oil boosts the hair health by moisturizing the scalp. Thus it also shows great results in dandruff and itchy scalp.
- This also provides vitamin mineral and vitamins up the scalp’s epidermal layer thus the process of hair growth gets faster.
- The nutrition and moisturization that coconut oil provides also reverses the dry and damage caused due to excessive heat treatment, chemical treatments like hair color dyes, rebonding etc.
- Coconut oil also seal the moisture over the outer cuticle of the hair thus will also minimizes the splits ends. This also enhances the hair strength and also promotes the hair growth.
- Coconut oil is also useful in treating the white white problem when mixed with curry leaves or amla fruit. See: Curry leaves for white hair treatment
Whoa!! These were some great benefits of coconut oil that one should definitely go for this oil for their hair care routine. Now, let’s move on to know the recipes of overnight coconut oil hair masks.
1. Pure Coconut oil Overnight mask
- You will need around ¼ cup of pure coconut oil. If the oil is in solid state just slightly warm it up or even if it isn’t then also warming up the oil makes it better to get into the scalp. Section your hair and using the finger tips take some of the coconut oil and apply on the scalp.
- Section again and apply some more coconut oil. So now when you will be done applying the coconut oil on the entire scalp. You have to apply the oil on the hair like we do by taking some coconut oil on the palms and rubbing that over the hair.
- If your hair is long make a braid or bun. For small hair use a shower hair cap and go to sleep The next day you can wash the hair using a herbal shampoo and then followed by a hair conditioner.
- You will love the way the hair feel softer and smoother. If you wash your hair 2 times in a week then this overnight coconut oil mask can be tried 2 times.
- Men too can try this for their short hair like 3 times in a week. This mask is good for controlling hair fall, making hair thicker, shinier and longer. This is also a good treatment for hair loss.
2. Deep conditioning overnight coconut oil Mask with Olive oil for split ends
Then you have dry, damaged hair with splits ends then thus coconut oil hair mask will be appropriate.
You will require:
- Mix 3 teaspoonful of coconut oil with 3 teaspoonfuls of Olive oil. Mix them and lightly warm the 2 oils. You may adjust the amount according to your hair length.
- The method of application of oiling is the same. By the way I have shared a post long ago on how to properly apply the oil on the scalp and hair. You can read that also to know more on that.
- So, after you have applied the oils on the scalp and hair. Tie a braid or bun or use a hair cap.
- Next day wash the hair and don’t forget to use a hair conditioner.
- This mask is ideal for treating the splits ends at home. This overnight coconut oil hair mask will also reduce or minimize the sun damage or heat damage that had made your hair dry and frizzy.
- So, if you are someone who work in the sun or use a lot of chemical or heat styling then you should try this coconut oil mask at least once in a week.
3. Coconut oil hair mask with honey for dry or curly hair
If your hair is extremely dry which makes them extremely unmanageable, then this mask with coconut oil can be tried. You will need just 2 products: Coconut oil and honey. Honey is added to this mask since honey is a natural moisturiser which will keep the hair softer thus this is deal for dry hair.
- Mix 4 teaspoonful of coconut oil with 2 teaspoonful of honey and warm them up mildly.
- Apply that on the hair since this is more for the dry hair, you should concentrate on applying this mask on the hair rather than the scalp.
- Once you have coated all the hair strands with this overnight coconut oil hair mask then you should cover the hair with hair cap. Hair cap will prevent the bedsheet and pillow cover from staining.
- This will is good for curly and dry hair since this will not only give moisturization but will relax the curls to some extent as well.
So, these were the 3 coconut oil masks that will make your hair extremely beautiful and treat all the hair problems. But one thing is necessary and that is your regularity and dedication. You should follow any of these regularly to get good results. I have tried the myself so, can say they will surely help. I use Patanjali coconut oil since that is pure and inexpensive and lasts for more than 2-3 months for me.