Essential Oils for Skin Whitening and Brightening
Who doesn’t want clear, brighter and fairer looking skin? Bright skin looks flawless. Essential oils are beneficial in healing the skin. This is why, they are used in anti aging skin care products, brightening and whitening products as well. Essential oils are rich in nutrients which enhance the texture of the skin over the time. They can cure the blemishes, marks, stretch marks and rejuvenate the skin. Some of the essential oils can also make the skin whiter and brighter. The Essential oils are highly concentrated forms, thus it is always better to mix them with some other oil to dilute them a bit. So, if you are wondering, what is the best essential oil for whitening skin? You’ve reached the right spot.
Best Essential Oils for Skin Whitening and Brightening
So, here are some of the effective and most used essential oils which aid in lightening of the skin gradually. Be patient and please do not think that there will be overnight results. Glowing skin can be achieved overnight but for brightening, you need at least a month or so! I’ve personally used these so an say that they will get rid of the skin tanning and lightening, though you’ve to keep applying the remedies regularly.
1. Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood oil is being used in a lot of skin care products, especially the products which are formulated to give brightening and whitening to dark skin. Therefore, sandalwood essential oil is good for skin whitening and of course for the removal of patches and dark spots. Sandalwood in anyways, is a skin whitening ingredient which has been mentioned in the Ayurveda. Other than that, sandalwood essential oil also has skin healing and anti aging properties due to which this oil keeps the skin younger and fades dark circles and any marks on the skin. This remedy is for dry skin and people with mature skin wishing to keep the skin wrinkle-free.
How to use sandalwood essential oil for skin whitening:
- Mix 2-3 drops of sandalwood oil with 2-3 drops of extra virgin almond oil.
- This can be done on your palm so no need to mix these in a separate bowl or anything.
- Massage this oil blend on the face and body.
- Increase the quantity if you want more.
- Try this at night before going to bed to fetch good results with this for whitening the skin.
- keep doing this for at least for a month to get satisfactory results.
- You you experience any kind of redness, irritation or rashes, please discontinue using this.
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Recently, someone asked us, how to use lavender essential oil for skin whitening? It’s been well established that lavender oil is used in a lot of soaps and skin creams due to its calming effects. It has wonderful healing abilities which is beneficial when you’ve sensitive skin. Lavender oil is also used to cure the marks and scars on the skin. let’s check how to apply this:
How to use:
- Lavender essential oil can be mixed with chamomile oil.
- Take one part of lavender oil and mix with one part of chamomile oil.
- Mix these and use for massaging the face and body.
- Keeping this for overnight works well
- When these oils are applied in the day time then they can make the skin greasy and attracts dirt and dust.
- Therefore, to get the maximum benefits it is recommended that you try them at night.
- It can be used by people with oily skin but make sure that instead of chamomile oil, you can also try it with tea tree oil.
- Tea tree oil helps in unblocking pores and does not cause acne.
3. Cedarwood Essential oil
This oil is extracted from the cedar tree and is helpful in making the sebum secretion under control. Therefore cedarwood essential oil is good for whitening of oily to combination skin. While reducing teh tan and dark spots, it surely does everything that your needs. The patchy skin that one may develop with age can also be cured by using this oil.
Application of Cedarwood essential oil for skin lightening:
- This oil can be mixed with few drops of Bergamot oil or almond oil for dry skin.
- Even the jojoba oil to get the benefits in making the skin brighter and even tone.
- Make sure that you apply this at night.
- If you feel irritation or burning, this means that the oil is not suitable for you, which can happen at times when your skin is extra sensitive.
4. Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli oil is also good for oily skin whitening since this too is ideal for skin that secretes too much sebum. This will not block the pores when used properly. This can also be mixed up with some bergamot oil, sandalwood oil etc. The best benefits of Neroli oil other than to make the skin brighter is to give you anti aging benefits. The lines and wrinkles that one develops can be prevented by using this essential oil.
How to apply this?
- Just take few drops of this Neroli essential oil and mix up with some carrier oil.
- Massage the face and skin.
- Leave for overnight or for 2 hours
- Wash the face with plain water.
- This can be applied once in 2-3 days.
5. Rose Essential oil
Rose water is highly used to get the benefits like clear and glowing skin. Similarly rose essential oil is suitable for brightening and whitening of skin. This essential oil is safe to be used on its own and mostly don’t need a carrier oil, if your skin is not extremely sensitive. Massaging with this oil at night gives skin brightening and lightening results. This also treats the lines and scars on the skin. This rose essential oil is also said to make the skin firm and tighter with regular use. For dry skin, coconut oil acts as a very good carrier oil.
Other Top Essential Oils For Skin Whitening
6. Orange Oil
Orange Essential oil is loaded with Vitamin C and you must have noticed, this oil being used in a lot of skin care products. Orange Essential oil helps in getting rid of the dark spots and dark circles. High amount of Vitamin C in this oil helps to increase the collagen production and the blood flow of the tissues. It also acts as an anti aging product for your sagging skin.
To use Orange Essential oil to whiten your skin, you can take 4 to 5 drops of this oil and mix with same amount of olive oil. Apply on your face and neck nicely. Make the mixture more, if you need extra oil for your other body parts. Using it over night is again the best way to use it.
7. Turmeric Oil
You can also try turmeric essential oil for skin lightening. Turmeric oil is obtained from the turmeric plant and is rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties. This oil is suitable for people with oily and acne prone skin who need whitening of skin in a healthy and natural way.
- You can apply few drops of turmeric oil every night before going to bed to achieve spotless skin within few days.
- The oil is suitable for sensitive skin but you must try it for a day before continuing it.
8. Argan Oil For Skin Whitening
Argan oil is one of the best oils to give you silky smooth and Spotless skin. Reason is simple, Argan essential is obtained from fruit of organ which is beneficial and highly nutritive. The oil helps to tame dry hair and dry skin magically.
To achieve skin whitening, using argan oil is the best. Take few drops of Argan oil and massage your face every night. It will soon give you benefits and lightening your skin complexion within couple of weeks.
9. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential oil has proven to be an effective remedy in detoxifying and rejuvenating your tired and dull looking skin. As the oil is rich in vitamin C, it brightens your skin colour by fading the dark spots and sunspots. This oil can be used directly on your skin without any problem however diluting it with the carrier oil like jojoba oil, almond oil, coconut oil would be the best if your skin is extra sensitive. Lemon essential oil should also be applied at night because most of the essential oil can cause photosensitivity (especially the ones with vitamin C). Therefore, when you go out in the sun when you have them on your face, it can result in redness and rashes for some people. This is why, application of lemon essential oil for skin whitening should be done at night.
10. Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed oil is loaded with nutrients like beta-carotene and Vitamin A, C and E. This is why, it is wonderful in hydrating properties and in making your skin healthier and lighter. The oil is pretty safe to be applied on the skin directly however, diluting it with few drops of carrier oils like coconut oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Almond Oil would be better. Not just that carrot seed oil helps in skin lightening and whitening, it also helps in the removal of stretch marks after the pregnancy. Here is a post that talks about how to use carrot seed oil for skin whitening in detail.
11. Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium Essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy considering its wonderful health benefits. However it also helps in reducing the acne and inflammation. The oil when use regularly along with the suitable carrier oil helps to make your skin tone lighter and spot-free. You can mix Geranium Essential oil with the carrier oil like Jojoba, almond, olive oil, coconut oil and many other.
12. Frankincense Essential Oil for Skin Lightening
When we talk about the essential oils for skin whitening and lightening, there is one that can also be used to achieve the purpose. And that is Frankincense Essential oil. The oil is suitable to get rid of the dark spots on the face and to remove the sensitivity problem. It is a natural astringent properties that helps treat acne, reducing large pores and tightening of your sagging skin. It’s one of the best oils to apply to get a fresh looking face. In fact, it it’s the best skin lightening oil for black and dark skin.
Essential Oil Blend For Skin Whitening
Now let’s talk about the Essential oil blend that works perfectly fine to get fair and light skin tone. For this Essential oil blend for skin lightening you would require these:
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Olive Oil
- Sandalwood Oil
- Turmeric Oil
How to make
- Take half teaspoon full of sandalwood oil in a clear glass bottle
- And half teaspoon of carrot seed oil
- Mix 1 teaspoon full of jojoba oil and two teaspoon each of olive oil
- Mix all the oils in the bottle nicely. Shut it tightly.
- Every night before going to bed take 4 to 5 drops of this oil blend
- Massage your face and neck till it gets absorbed.
- Wipe off the excess.
Who can use it: This is mostly for normal to dry skin and not for the acne prone oily skin.
Some more essential oil which can be used for skin whitening
- Peppermint Essential oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
These were the best essential oils for skin whitening and brightening, but if you have extremely sensitive skin, then we would advise you to try these remedies after doing a patch test.
i am a 29 year old male with medium complexion. i have normal skin. Can u please suggest a skin care regimen for men
You can use a neem face wash and apply a moisturizer like garnier fairness moisturizer or Nivea advanced moisturizer. Scrub the face 2 times in a week. Apply a face pack once in a week.
hello mam….I m 22years old male……my half hands (from shoulder to elbow) r fair but below it(from elbow to wrist) they r black due to exposure to sun from past 3-4years…..please suggest some home remedy to make them again fair for life time……..