Green has been used a lot in the east but lately it has become quite popular across the globe thanks to its antioxidant richness which makes green tea a wonderful light beverage with multiple health and beauty benefits. Food with high antioxidants can do a lot for the health but the same properties make green tea an excellent ingredient to be used in beauty rituals. Green tea can be used to make homemade green tea mask, scrub, green tea face toners to tone the skin, green tea face packs and masks to treat different skin types. It can also be used in hair care.
Beauty uses of green tea
1. Green tea as toner
Green tea makes a really good toner for oily acne prone skin which helps giving the skin antioxidant benefits and anti aging benefits as well. This green tea toner is excellent to tighten the skin and to keep the skin fresh all day long.
How to prepare green tea toner:
- Put a green tea bag in a cup of warm water and allow it to brew when it is done.
- Add half teaspoonful of lemon juice and 3 teaspoonful cucumber juice in it.
- Take this water and fill up a spray bottle.
- Keep this in refrigerator and use when needed.
- To use this take some green tea toner on a cotton pad and wipe the face with it.
- This will tighten the pores for are vitalized face.
Also Read: Beauty Uses of Glycerin
Also Read: Beauty uses of Aloe Vera gel
2. Green tea as hair rinse
Another use of green tea is for making a homemade hair rinse. Hair rinse with green tea works to condition the hair and to get rid of the oily scalp at the same time, just like the way lemon and apple juice does.
How to prepare the green tea hair rinse:
- Mix one teaspoonful of green tea in water and boil it.
- Let the extracts come out and let the water get infused with the green tea.
- Take this water in a small bowl in the shower.
- Wash the hair with the shampoo and rinse the hair with normal water.
- Use this water as a last rinse for the hair.
3. Green tea face pack
Green tea face packs are very popular due to its nutrient rich and antioxidants like poly phenols. Use of green tea face packs help to rejuvenate and revitalize the skin.
How to make green tea face pack:
- Take one teaspoonful of green tea and add half teaspoonful of yoghurt in it.
- Add 2 pinches of turmeric and mix them well.
- The turmeric will turn greenish orange due to green tea but that is good as the yogurt is getting enriched with the green tea extracts.
- Apply on the face and wash after 20 minutes.
Also Read: Homemade foot scrubs and foot soaks
4. Green tea face scrub
Face scrub is an excellent beauty use of green tea. This face scrub tightens the pores and cleans the clogged pores effectively. This is why, there are lots of beauty product in the market which are using the potential of green tea extracts.
How to prepare a green tea face scrub:
- Take one teaspoonful for green tea and add one teaspoonful of sugar one teaspoonful of lemon juice and one teaspoonful of honey.
- Mix all these products well in a small bowl.
- Apply this face scrub all over the face.
- Scrub the face with that scrub in subtle circular massaging motions to slough off the topmost dead skin layer.