Castor oil is derived from the castor beans also known as Ricinus Communis by the cold pressing method and has a dark yellow color. This thick oil is used in multiple ways to get benefits for skin, hair and health. It is because castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid and triglycerides along with Vitamin E, B and A. Castor oil is also anti bacterial and anti fungal in nature as of which this oil is greatly beneficial for treating dandruff attack. Its nutrients help promote the hair growth and curbs hair thinning. Even though castor oil is quite thick it still can be washed off very easily with mild shampoos and cleansers. If you’re searching for some castor oil brands in India, then there are brands like soulflower, aloe veda that makes castor oil.
Castor Oil Benefits in Hair Growth
Castor oil is rich in fatty acids due to that it boosts the blood circulation and enhances the hair regrowth. It deep conditions the hair roots and strengthens the hair from roots to tips.
- To use Castor oil for hair, mix some of it with almond oil which is also rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Use this oil concoction to massage the scalp gently and leave that overnight.
- Wash in the morning with lukewarm or normal water for best results.
Castor oil treats dandruff attack and dry scalp
Itchiness, dry scalp and dandruff are inter related and one thing is common which is the embarrassment caused when you itch in the public or dandruff flakes starts falling over the shoulders and clothes. Castor oil is highly beneficial to cure dandruff and dry scalp too. Its anti fungal properties help eliminate the bacterial infection quickly.
- Take some castor oil in a small bowl and add some lime juice and olive oil.
- Apply that on the scalp and, massage thoroughly, don’t be too rough that can cause hair fall.
- Leave it overnight, wash the next day.
- Try to do this simple dandruff cure treatment with castor oil once or twice in a week to get good satisfactory results.
Castor Oil deeps conditions the dry damaged hair
Castor oil is quite thick and a nourishing oil which deep conditions the scalp and the hair. Castor oil is said to repair the damage. Apply castor oil at night thrice a week and notice the damaged getting minimized naturally. Or just try this amazing remedy here:
- Take 1/4 cups of castor oil and then add 4-5 teaspoonfuls of almond oil.
- Mix this and apply all over the hair and hair stands.
- Put a hair cap and sleep with this.
- This mask with castor oil will give deep conditioning.
Split ends cure: Castor Oil benefit for hair
Castor oil is also know to prevent and reduce the split ends. It deeply moisturizes the hair, smoothens the cuticles and dry hair ends. It nourishes the dry split ends and most importantly, this oil locks the moisture as a result f which split ends are minimized greatly.
- You will need olive oil, jojoba oil for this remedy.
- Mix some olive oil, jojoba oil and castor oil in equal quantities and warm them up a bit.
- Massage the hair ends and the scalp with this oil mixture.
- This remedy is good for males as well which have dry damaged hair ends.
Indeed Castor Oil has numerous benefits for hair but while buying castor oil always keep in mind that you should buy cold pressed castor oil since that is the purest form of oil. In cold pressed technique, the oil is extracted by cold pressing technique hence no chemicals are used which maintains the purity and original chemical composition of the oils. Now, let’s see how you can use castor oil for hair growth.
How to Utilize Castor oil for promoting Hair Growth
Castor oil which is also known as Arandi oil is tried by the ancient people to beautify their hair. The oil is one of the best oils to get beautiful and thicker hair naturally. The reason is the mineral and fatty acids loaded formula which helps this oil to make the hair lustrous.
The oil is also not very pricey as the cost of this oil is very affordable. Now coming back, to the use of castor oil in promoting the hair growth. Here, we have listed several ways that can be tried.
Castor Oil Do for the Hair?
Castor oil helps in minimizing the hair damage and hair loss. This will prevent the hair fall and this will also cure the scalp infections like dandruff which is also known as one of the reasons for hair loss. Castor oil’s ricinoleic acid improves the scalp’s blood circulation which eventually improves hair growth. Ricinoleic acid also helps to balance the scalp conditions.
Moreover, as an added benefit, this oil also cures the frizz of the hair and makes them a lot manageable and bouncier. Another noted benefit is that this oil will increase the hair growth as compared with the normal hair growth or as soon in the case of balding and alopecia. The individual hair strand also swells and thickens in the diameter which also gives an appearance of thicker hair and head full of hair.
Which Castor oil is the best for hair growth
As we had also mentioned earlier that castor oil is made from the castor seeds, so, the technique applied to extract the oil from the seeds should be taken into account. The various techniques like chemical extracts etc can lead to mixing of chemicals in the oils hence the oils released may not be of purest and safest quality. Hence, the Cold pressed oils are the best.
Cold pressed oils are made from the pressed technique which makes no change to the oil formula as there are no chemicals, adulterants involved in the procedure. Therefore, using cold pressed oils are always considered good for the use of skin and hair even for health as well.
Castor oil and Almond oil for hair growth:
- Take 3 teaspoonfuls of castor oil and mix that with pure almond oil around the same quantity.
- Warm the two oils little bit so that the absorption gets easier and faster.
- Now section the hair and using the finger tips and pads, start applying the oil nicely on the hair scalp.
- Apply on the scalp, roots and also lastly on the hair as well.
- Leave this for 2 hours minimum or just try to use a shower cap and leave this oil therapy for overnight.
- Overnight leaving is good as this actually makes the oils work and seep in the scalp layers.
- This will give great results in getting the hair back.
- Shower cap will protect the oil laden hair soiling the bedsheets and pillows while you are sleeping.
Castor oil is very beneficial for the adequate hair growth when you use this continuously. Another remedy to use castor oil for promoting faster fair growth is the below one:
Castor oil with Jojoba oil for Hair Growth
- Mix 4 teaspoonful of castor oil with 2 teaspoonful of pure organic jojoba oil.
- Mix the twp and apply directly over the hair roots and some of the hair strands too.
- Now, you should massage the scalp lightly.
- Make sure that massage should be done for at least 10-15 minutes.
- This actually boosts your blood circulation which further supports the hair growth quickly.
- You can keep this for the entire night and wash the castor oil in the next morning.
- You can wash the hair with mild shampoo as mild shampoo cleans the castor oil nicely from the hair.
- This hair growth remedy with castor oil should be tried at least 3 times in a week if you are seeking fast growth.
This is how one can use castor oil for hair growth as this will work faster and effectively.