How to Get Rid of Dark Spots and Black Spots on Face from Acne, Pimples and Scars
Dark Spots and acne marks may make us feel embarrassed and I’m not even exaggerating that spots on face lowers one’s self confidence. But what causes spots and blemishes? These are caused due to several reasons like pimples, acne, blemishes blackheads, whiteheads, skin problems etc. They can be cured to some extent, but the black spots and dark spots are rigid and non-removable most of the times.
Do you know dark spots are further increased with extreme sun exposure. Therefore, natural remedies along with proper skin care is your solution that results in removing dark spots faster from your face. To lighten the dark spots, pimple marks and scars, a lot of people try to use skin lightening creams, products etc but home remedies are always the safest and easiest to try that too without any side effects. Here, we have included some of the best home remedies to reduce dark spots, black spots acne marks and even those pimples scars from your face. This will give you confidence and a blemish-free clear face.
Home Remedies for Dark Spots, Acne Scars and Pimple Marks
Rather than using the products which are loaded with chemicals, it is best to try home remedies to cure your acne scars, black spots and dark spots. Just follow these natural tips to get rid of those terrible looking dark spots and marks off your face within few weeks. College students and people who are on budget will find that these methods are far cheaper than the expensive skin creams etc.
Oatmeal: You will have to take 2 teaspoonful of oatmeal which is free from any flavors etc. Soak them in 1/4cup of milk, if milk is lesser, add some more milk. Allow the oats to get soaked in milk fully and get softer. Once they get softer fully, then mash the oats with spoon and apply on the facial skin and dark spots. Give this remedy some time to work and wash your face after 30 minutes. This is not just good for treating your dark spots but will also make the skin glowing smooth.
Watermelon: Apply some watermelon juice on the spots and scars and then leave for 1 hour. This will lighten the skin complexion and will also increase the fairness additionally.
Oranges: Citrus fruits are supposed to be one of the best ways to cure scarring, spots and achieving fairness in a natural way. Take a slice of orange and rub the juice all over the face and dark spots. Wash after 45 minutes with mild warm water. Do this daily and see the amazing effects on lightening of black spots and oils as well.
1. Milk Remedies for Dark spots
Milk contains lactic acid which effectively removes the dark spots. It also has proteins and skin lightening properties. You are can use milk in the following ways to treat your dark spots.
Milk powder: Make a paste of some milk powder with honey and apply his all over the face. Keep for 45 minutes then wash the face. Doing this tip everyday will immensely reduce your dark spots and acne marks from the face.
Milk and salt: Add a pinch of salt in 2 teaspoonful of milk. The milk should be without the fats or milk cream. So, the toned milk or skimmed milk will do. Mix 2 pinches of salt in it. Mix and apply all over the face and neck as well. This is also an effective skin cleanser. Wash it the next morning.
Milk and besan: Take equal amount of milk and besan (gram flour). Make a paste and apply this milk mixture with besan on the dark spots. Remove after 30 minutes.
Milk and turmeric: Take 2 teaspoonful of fresh milk without the cream and add 2 pinches of turmeric in it. Mix and apply on the face. Leave this overnight. Rinse the face thoroughly the next day.
2. Turmeric Remedies for dark spots
Turmeric with honey: Mix 2 teaspoonful of honey with 2 pinches of turmeric and then apply on the face at night. Rinse after 30 minutes.
Papaya juice and turmeric: Take 2 teaspoonful of fresh papaya juice and add 1 pinch of turmeric powder in it. Mix it well and apply on the face. Wash the face after 20 minutes. This should be used 3 times in a week to remove the dark spots in 2 weeks.
Lemon and turmeric: This is an overnight remedy for dark spots. Mix 1 teaspoonful of lemon juice and add 1 pinch of pure turmeric powder. Apply this mixture over the dark spots on the face. Keep this overnight and then wash the face the next morning.
3. Papaya for Dark spots
Similarly papaya is a miracle fruits which is highly used for the treatment for dark spots naturally. This fruit is easily available but its benefits are numerous, you can use papaya packs to make the skin look better in texture as well. There are several things that papaya can do for the skin. This is why we have included this here as well.
- Take a chunk of papaya and grind this.
- You should achieve a smooth paste of papaya chunk.
- In that add 1 teaspoonful of honey and ½ teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Lemon juice increases the efficiency of papaya enzyme hence this is added, while the honey will still maintain the subtlety so that this does not get too harsh on the face.
- Apply this and wash after 30 minutes.
- Trying this daily for 7 days will remove all your dark spots, pimple spots, black spots and acne marks from the face.
4. Lemon and Honey for Dark spots
Lemon is referred as a rich source of vitamin C hence when we use lemon the skin clarity gets better, while the honey is also believed to be one of the best natural moisturizing agent. Also see how to use lemon juice to remove dark spots
- Mix 2 teaspoonful of pure organic honey with 1 teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Mix these two really well and apply directly over your dark spots.
- Rinse the face with normal water and thereafter apply a light toner.
- Doing this daily will result in the dark spot removal and healing of the scars on a faster rate.
5. Potato for healing dark spots and black spots
Potato has various elements that are deemed good for the removal of dark spots, black spots and pimple marks off the face. Therefore when you have regular application of this quick beauty product from your kitchen, you gain a great skin with no dark spots.
- Grate a small potato and extract the juice.
- Apply this potato juice over the spots gentle and concentrate on your neck as well.
- Spread it nicely all over the face.
- Massage this juice for few minutes then leave this to work over night for faster results.
- Wash the skin with cold water the next morning.
- This can be done daily for effectively removing the dark spots and acne scars.
6. Tomato for lightening black spots and dark spots
Tomato too is considered to be a good skin lightening agent. Tomatoes has got various enzymes and citrus acid as well, this is why this magical fruit you will cure all the spots from the face. Using tomato over the skin is extremely simple tip. Just use tomato for acne scars by this remedy.
- You just need to take a medium sized tomato and cut it into half.
- Apply this half of tomato gently over the face over your darkness and patchy skin as well.
- Then let the juice of tomato soak your skin thoroughly, hence allow this recipe some time like at least 30 minutes.
- Then wash the face using mild warm water.
- Doing this daily will remove spots in just 2-3 days. Yes, it will.
7. Aloe Vera gel for dark spots cure
Aloe vera is the best natural product which has multiple uses for skin and spot healing. This gel is wonderful with its soothing and acne healing properties.
You have just grab a small of aloe vera plant and cut that to extract the gel out of it. This gel is the pure gel that is required for this home remedy. Now put 2-3 drops of lemon juice on it and start rubbing on your face. This will give glow and natural shine to the face plus will help in removing the stubborn dark spots and black spots too.
Alternately, you can also mix aloe Vera with honey and apply on the skin. Wash after 30 minutes. This is also an effective way to use daily for spots removal.
8. Baking Soda to minimize spots
Baking soda is not only for the baking purposes but it will aid in removing dark spots and acne scars as well. You have to take little bit of baking soda and add some water to it. Mix this and you get a smooth paste. Apply this over the spots and scars. Let this get fully dry for 20 minutes. Then scrubs this off and wash the skin with tepid water only when you have scrubbed it off. It will show good chances in dark spots removal. Application should be done daily to see quick benefits in your skin problem.
9. Apple cider Vinegar to treat dark spots
Apple cider vinegar is a good raw material that one can try to reduce the scars, hyper pigmentation and spots on the face. Take 1 teaspoonful of Apple Cider Vinegar and mix with 3 teaspoonful of water. Lightly apply this mixture over your dark spots using a clean cotton ball. Leave this for 30 minutes then wash the face with lukewarm water nicely.
10. Essential Oils for dark spots
Mix new drops of jojoba oil in pure castor oil and apply directly over the face. Then keep this for 20 minutes. Then taking a small cotton soaked in warm water remove the oil off your skin. Mild warm water will take away the jojoba oil remains and will cleanse the skin. You can try this daily once.
Emu oil said to fade the acne scars and dark spots over the skin effectively. So, to utilize this wonderful oil, You can take some drops of emu oil on a Q tip and apply that gently over the spots, marks, scars etc. Leave this for 30 minutes then wipe the face using lukewarm water. It will make the scar disappear soon.
11. Glycolic acid for dark spots
You may have heard that glycolic acid is considered good for the treatment of scars, spots, marks on the skin. So, to use this method, we can try sugarcane juice. Yes, sugarcane juice is loaded with natural glycolic acid which helps in clearing the wrinkly and blemished skin faster. Daily application of sugarcane juice over the dark spots will lighten them soon. Just take little bit of sugarcane juice and start massaging your face with that. Application should be gentle and no extra rubbing or tugging of the skin. Once you have massaged for 4-5 minutes. Then leave this for 30 minutes and wash the wash with plain water. This will surely give benefits in dark spots removal and marks removal.
12. Face Packs and Masks to get rid of Dark spots on Face
Face packs and masks are applied to refresh up the skin and to treat skin impurities, dullness etc. But it is also noted that these packs are efficient to light the dark spots and acne marks on your face. But you just have to use them on continuous basis to get rid of the dark spot faster.
Sandalwood and Milk Pack
You would be amazed to know that milk which is so easily found in the kitchen can help with dark spot cure. While sandalwood is also as effective in treating the dark spots effectively. So, you need to simply follow this recipe here:
- Take 1 teaspoonful of sandalwood powder and add some milk to paste.
- Keep the paste consistency medium so that the pack is easy to use.
- Now, apply this pack on the face and keep for 20 minutes.
- Wash after that. Use it 3 times in a week to get rid of dark spots within 7 days.
Lemon and glycerin pack
Lemon, a citrus fruit that is rich in vitamin-C and vitamin-E and vitamin-B6, all these vitamins work towards making your skin healthy and shiny forever. It improves skin complexion and removes dark spots. Lemon cleans the skin cells and removes all the dust and pollution away. Glycerin has anti inflammatory properties that make it special for the skin. It restores lost moisture in the skin and treats zits and pigmentation. Also read the detailed post on: Lemon juice for Acne Scars and Pimple Mark
What will you need?
- Firstly, take a fresh lemon and cut it into two pieces
- Now squeeze out its juice in a small bowl
- Now add 1 spoon of pure honey
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Wash your face first and pat it dry
- Now apply this mask onto the face
- Massage it little in an upward motion
- Leave it for 25 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water.
Aloe vera gel with glycerin mask for Dark spots:
Aloe vera leaves are good in essential fats and vitamins like E, A, B. It is capable of treating all types of skin issues and makes skin smoother and softer. Aloe Vera gel is rich in fiber that maintains skin elasticity. It hydrates the facial skin and increases its glow. Glycerin is helpful in reducing dryness and removes acne zits.
What will you need?
- 5 teaspoons of aloe vera gel in a bowl
- 1 teaspoons of Glycerin in the bowl
- Now mix both the things well using a spoon
- Apply it on the clean face
- Massage it on the affected area
- Rinse off after 20 minutes of application.
Multani Mitti Face Pack For Dark Spots
Multani which is also known as Fuller’s earth is also a good cure to minimize the dark spots on the face.
- Just take 2 teaspoonful of multani mitti powder and make paste with using some water.
- Make the paste creamy and non runny so add water little bit first then mix.
- Apply this multani paste on your face and over the dark spots.
- Let this get dry and then wash the face with clear water.
- Repeat this remedy twice in a week and everyday for removal of spots and marks within few days.
13. Cucumber Juice and Olive oil
Olive oil is rich in anti-oxidants that make your skin super healthy and glowing. It has a good content of vitamin-E, vitamin-A and monounsaturated fats. It increases skin firmness and control ageing process. Cucumber juice contains more than 75% of water. It is a good cooling agent that balances the pH balance of your skin and reduces acne and its spots.
What will you need?
- 5 tablespoons of Cucumber juice
- 2 spoons of olive oil in the bowl
- Mix all the ingredients well using a spoon
- Apply it onto the clean face
- Massage it for 5-10 minutes
- Keep it for 20 minutes.
Papaya and Besan Packs
Papaya is rich in an enzyme called papain. Because of this enzyme papain is very effective in reducing the marks and dark spots from the face. This remedy is suitable for reducing the dark spots for the youngsters who have dark spots due to acne or the mature adults who have age related dark spots. Check out the best gram flour packs for acne scars and dark spots
- Take a thin slice of papaya and mash it well.
- Mashing should be done nicely as we will need a smooth pulp of paste.
- You can also put this in the grinder so that it gets transformed into the pulp real quick.
- Then add 1 teaspoonful of besan which is gram flour and mix.
- If you realize that the paste is getting very thick, then add few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix again and apply on the face and neck as well. Wash after 30 minutes.
- Other than the dark spots it also gives fairness.
14. Homemade Skin Toners for Dark Spots Cure and Pimple Marks
Skin toners are used to tone and tighten the skin. Toners also shrinks the facial skin pores hence the skin looks taut and smoother. Toners are wonderful for all the skin types. Here, we have shared some toners that can help you with lightening of the dark spots on the face.
Tomato juice and Amla juice Toner
Amla juice is a good source of vitamin-C that removes acne zits. It deeply conditions the skin texture. Tomatoes are rich in anti-oxidants, and enzymes. It increases kin elasticity and removes acne and spots. It has some good properties of vitamin-K vitamin-C, vitamin-A, foliate and thiamin.
What will you need?
- Take 1 tomato and squeeze out its juice
- Also add amla juice in the bowl
- Mix both the things well
- Clean your face first and dab a cotton ball in it
- Apply it onto the facial skin
- Leave it for 30 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water
Cucumber and Mint toner for dark spots
Take a piece of cucumber and few leaves of mint. Make sure that the mint leaves are fresh. Put them in the grinder which is clean. Grind them to obtain a juicy pulp. Now taking a sieve you need to strain the liquid.
Apply this liquid toner on the face and then wash after 1 hour. To apply you can use a cotton pad. You will see the results in a week to the dark spots and marks on the face.
15. Best Creams for Dark spots and Acne Marks
There skin creams available in the market that helps to cure the dark spots on the face. These creams have ingredients like hydroquinone, tretinoin etc. At times these creams for spots, marks etc will have natural ingredients which fades the spots within few weeks. Here are some of the creams that you can try to cure your dark spots, black spots and scars but regular usage is required and you must protect the skin from direct sunlight. It’s better that you use sunscreen else the skin can get red as these creams will peel the skin gently.
Mederma scar cream: It can heal the scars and marks on the skin. It has onion extracts which are known to lighten the scars.
No scars cream: We have reviewed this cream as well and this will treat and lighten the spots on the face.
Betnovat cream: This is mainly for the dark spots and patches that we see after pregnancy and delivery or also for the age spots.
16. More Tips for Dark Spots Cure
- Sun Protection:You should religiously use sunscreen whenever you stay out in sun for more than 10 minutes. Sun rays like UVA and UVB rays are extremely dangerous for the skin and hair. They can cause premature wrinkling of the skin and also causes dark spots.
- Sunscreen: A good sunscreen can be used like which is suitable for your skin type. A lot of oily skinned people would not use sunscreens as they make their skin greasy but there are gel and matte sunscreens for oily skin that they can definitely try.
- Scrubs: Use of facial scrubs and skin exfoliators can also help to cure and minimize the dark spots. Also, scrubbing will help the dark spots get lighter within few weeks.
- Citrus Fruits: Once in a while application of lemon or any citrus fruit juice is proven to be beneficial in case of dark posts and skin darkening.
- Chemical peeling: You can also try the Chemical peeling and laser for spots removal but that can be a bit expensive but for extremely fast results you can give it a try.
So, these were the natural ways, methods and home remedies to get rid of the dark spots, acne marks and scars from the facial skin.
Have you tried these? How you cure your dark spots and marks, do tell us too. Here are some more posts that can help you with dark spots, marks, black spots etc.