Home remedies to heal cracked heels naturally at home
Cracked heels can be painful. There is this constant pain which keeps you irritated and annoyed that can range from bearable to unbearable while you walk or stand for too long. Apart from the pain that you experience due to cracked heels, they can also prevent you from wearing your favorite sandals or flip flops, just because they reveal the dry and cracked heels which can be embarrassing and make you conscious. To repair your dry heels there are some very good home remedies to cure cracked heels at home. It will save money and the pain due to that. As long terms benefits, they also prevent the cracks and dryness for softer and smoother looking heels.
1. Warm water with Salt to exfoliate cracked heels
Before repairing the cracked heels, it is very important to get rid of the dryness and dry skin over the heels. In order to do that warm water treatment is the best. It pampers the feet and also softens the dry heels. You will need half a bucket or tub of warm water. Half cup of salt and a pumice stone.
- Take half bucket or tub or bucket of water and mix some salt into it.
- Immerse your feet in this water and keep them there for 30 minutes.
- During this time the dead skin and the dry skin on the heels will loosen and will become softer to slough off easily.
- Taking the pumice stone, gently rub it over the heels and remove the dry dead skin.
- Once done, pat dry your feet and apply a good foot cream.
2. Homemade foot cream recipe for cracked heels
If you don’t have a foot cream or if you like to make one at home then this foot cream with wax and mustard oil is the best. My grandmother used to make this and apply this to cure cracked heels.
You will need some wax and mustard oil. You can either use the paraffin wax which is ideal for this or you can also use the regular wax which is used to make the candles. That was what my grandmother used to use. Make sure that the candle is white not the colored ones.
- Melt the wax in a pan and add some mustard oil into it.
- Keep stirring it till both the ingredients gets mixed up well
- The ratio should be like one half if you are taking one tablespoonful of wax then half tablespoonful or less than that of mustard oil is sufficient.
- Once both the products are mixed well. Let them cool.
- The consistency will be like a cream or Vaseline sought of.
- Use this to apply on your cracked heels every night to cure them.
3. Vinegar water with sugar and glycerin scrub treatment for cracked heels
Vinegar for cracked heels just like the warm water remedy for cracked heels. Vinegar too can work wonders. You will require half bucket of water and two cups of vinegar and a cup of sugar and glycerin go with the process.
- Add the vinegar into the warm water and stir the water.
- Immerse your feet into the water and let them be there for 15- minutes.
- Vinegar like the salt will help tired feet relax and loosen up the dry skin on the cracked heels.
- After 15 minutes, take the feet out and while they are still wet take some sugar and glycerin in your palm to use this as a hydrating exfoliant for the cracked heels.
- Gently scrub the entire feet focusing on the heels. Try to slough off the dead skin from the heels.
- After the scrubbing, wash your feet with the water in the bucket and pat dry with a towel.
- You can apply a foot cream, the home made foot cream or even some glycerin alone afterwards for that extra moisture.
Good thing about this sugar and glycerin scrub is that, sugar exfoliates the heels and glycerin will help restore the moisture at the same time. The ideal time to do this is at night so that you can wear the socks will enhance and locks in the moisture of the foot creams and glycerin massage that you will do.
4. Banana and honey foot mask treatment for cracked heels
Like your face masks, there are foot masks as well that can further repair your dry cracked heels. It heals repairs and moisturizes the cracked heels. Make sure that you have exfoliated well before this remedy. The treatments for exfoliating cracked heels are mentioned above.
- Take a banana and mash it into an even paste.
- Add two teaspoonful of honey into it and mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply this foot mask on the feet and keep it for 20 minutes.
- It will help combat the dryness and will repair the cracked heels. This can be an excellent and best foot mask for cracked heels.
5. Oil Massage treatment for cracked heels
Oil massage not only does miracles for your hair but this treatment can be extremely helpful to heal cracked heels at home quickly and is very inexpensive. You will need Coconut, olive and mustard oil.
- Take these three oils in equal quantity and mix them
- Apply this oil on the feet and on the heels. Keep this for 5 minutes and then start massaging the oils. Massaging will make the oil absorption quick and deeper so that the repairing process could start.
- Once you are done with the massaging, wear socks so that the hydration and the oils should not get wiped off while you sleep.
These were some good home remedies to cure cracked heels naturally. Once your heels are repaired or if you do not have cracked heels then here are some preventive measures that you should keep in mind or should perform to keep this problem at bay.
Helpful Tips for preventing dry cracked heels
To prevent cracked feet, one should understand the cause of the problem. People with naturally dry skin should take some extra care to keep the feet moisturized using different methods.
- Once you are done with the shower, apply some good foot cream or moisturiser on the heels to keep them softer.
- Scrub your heels and feet regularly to prevent the flakiness and accumulation of dead cells.
- Do not use excess hot water for bathing as this will remove the oils from the skin
- Make sure to drink lot of water to keep the skin moisturized
- Keep the feet clean and wash your feet at the end of the day
- Go for the warm water treatment to relax the tired feet
These were some natural home remedies to cure cracked heels that you can use to flaunt smoother and softer heels which are painless and crackles. Make sure to do the treatments regularly to fetch maximum benefits out of these remedies.