Homemade tips and remedies to get rid of clogged pores on face, nose, chin
Clogged pores on the skin can be an annoying beauty problem which leads to skin problems. We have sebaceous glands on the skin which by secretion of sebum helps keep the skin moist naturally. When these pores are filled up with sebum, dead skin cells, makeup, oils or hardened sebum them those pores are known as clogged pores. Whiteheads and blackheads are the common skin problems which arise as a result of the clogged pores on the nose, chin, foreheads, cheeks etc. Natural ways are the most effective to get rid of the clogged pores on the face so that the skin stays blemish free and keep the pores clean naturally. When the large pores on face are clean skin looks healthier and lesser chances of acne.
Here we have shared some effective yet easy home remedies for the clogged pores on the nose, chin, cheeks and foreheads.
1. Steaming the face to get rid of clogged pores
Steaming the face is considered as one of the best method to get rid of the clogged pores. Steaming keeps the pores clean by declogging the clogged pores. When the face is steamed, it takes off the oils and also dissolves the hardened sebum which cleans the pores.
Read: Fruit facial at home
How to steam the face to get rid of the clogged pores
- Fill a large bowl or bucket with hot steaming water.
- Take a towel and cover the head like a tent and stoop over the hot water.
- Let the steam come on the face and make sure that you cover yourself properly so that the steam do not escape.
- Steam the face for around 5 – 7 minutes and then remove the towel.
- Wipe off the face with a washcloth that should take out the impurities.
- Apply a toner or astringent to close the pres. This step is extremely crucial after the steaming.
Read: Ways to get rid of pimple marks
2. Exfoliation to treat the clogged pores
Exfoliation is the process to get rid of the dead skin cells by wither chemical methods or by physical exfoliation like scrubbing the face. Clogged pores are formed when the pores gets filled up with dead skin and sebum hence by the exfoliation we get rid of the dead skin cells as a results of which this is the good treatment to get rid of the clogged pores.
- Take a wash cloth and wet it with warm water.
- Use that cloth to gently exfoliate the face by wiping the face with this cloth.
You can also use a facial exfoliation brush which can be used along with a cleanser. Apply some cleanser and then use this brush in circular motions to get rid of the dead skin layer and to open up clogged pores.
Read: Face scrubs for oily skin
3. Lemon and sugar honey face scrub to get rid of clogged pores
As we mentioned, that exfoliation keeps the dead skin away which keeps the pores clean naturally. Lemon and sugar makes a great face scrub and a great remedy to treat clogged pores. In this sugar scrub we have incorporated lemon juice which has natural astringent and anti bacterial properties therefore, it mildly eliminates the bacterial infection if that’s present. Lemon juice also helps deep clean the pores naturally.
How to use sugar honey and lemon to get rid of clogged pores
- Take one teaspoonful of honey, one teaspoonful of lemon juice and one teaspoonful of sugar.
- Mix all of them. Use sugar which do not have chunky or large crystals.
- Fine crystals are always good to use as they will not be too abrasive for the delicate facial skin.
- You can keep the mixture for some time so that the large crystals can melt.
- Use this sugar lemon scrub to gentle exfoliate the face concentrate on the areas like nose, chin, foreheads, cheeks where clogged pores are there.
Read: Shahnaz hussain tips for pimples
4. Multani Mitti to keep the clogged pores clean
Multani mitti or any mud mask has this wonderful capability to get rid of clogged pores naturally and to extracts the oils/impurities from the pores. This is why multani mitti packs are extremely beneficial for the acne prone and skin with numerous clogged pores on nose, chin etc. Clogged pores are the foundation of any skin related problem generally and oily skin just aggravates the condition to make it even worse. Thus mud pack with multani mitti is excellent to cure the clogged pores to help keep the pores clean.
Multani mitti pack to get rid of the clogged pores on face
- Take 1 teaspoonful of multani mitti powder and add some rose water to make paste.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this pack on the face and let it dry. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
- This can be done 3 times in a week.
5. Avocado oil to open the clogged pores on the face
Avocado oil has the similar properties as that of the natural oils on the face. It dissolves the hardened sebum which is one of the reasons of the clogged pores. Hardened sebum when gets infected with the bacteria forms comedones like whiteheads and blackheads.
How to use avocado oil to get rid of the clogged pores:
- Take some avocado oil on a cotton pad and apply on the face lightly dabbing.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then scrub off with a scrub.
6. Cinnamon to get rid of clogged pores
Cinnamon has anti septic and antibacterial properties which also deep clean the face and the clogged pores. Cinnamon takes off the dead skin cells mildly and also make the skin glow. It also clears any bacterial infection that the skin has like a pimple or the acne on the face.
Cinnamon remedy for clogged pores treatment
Take half teaspoonful of cinnamon powder and add half teaspoonful of honey. Mix them well and apply on the face as an even layer. Keep it for 20 minutes and rinse off the face after 20 minutes. This can be used thrice in a week and deep cleanse the pores that are clogged.
Read: Cinnamon face packs
7. Egg white to get rid of clogged pores
Egg white can be turned into a natural peeling mask which takes off the impurities, dirt and sebum off the clogged pores to cleanse them naturally. Egg white also tightens the face and the pores. Egg white when mixed with the mud makes this face mask even more beneficial and effective in getting rid of the clogged pores.
Egg treatment to get rid of clogged pores on face, nose, chin
- Take an egg and break it.
- Separate the egg white and add one teaspoonful of fuller’s earth into it.
- Mix them thoroughly and apply on the face in an even layer.
- Keep it for 20 minutes or allow it to get fully dried.
- Wash off with normal water.
This pack can also be used with besan instead of multani mitti and can be done thrice in a week to get rid of the clogged pores to open up naturally.
Great article and information about Home remedies