How to make Rough Dark Elbows lighter and smoother
Are you conscious of your dark and rough elbows and hide it with long sleeves? It’s summer and you don’t need to compromise with the stylish clothes. Dark elbows are the result of sun exposure, accumulation of dead cells, dirt, pressure and daily wear and tear. Elbow area is hard and rough because it cannot retain moisture and dries out easily. You visit salons for skin whitening treatments by paying tons of money. Now you can easily make elbows fair and bright with some different techniques and methods. Earlier as well we shared remedies for dark elbows and knees.
So I have a quick guide for you all on how you can lighten your elbows and make it smoother like face and other skin areas.
How to get rid of Rough Dark Elbows
Cleaning: We don’t forget cleansing our face and body daily, but care less emphasis on areas like elbows, knees, ears and nose for cleaning. This leads to a build up of dirt and dust on the skin causing dryness and darkening. To avoid it, clean your elbow and every skin area deeply and gently while bathing. Scrubbing daily with loofah is the best. This will also keep the elbows softer and will cure the darkness.
Oil massage: Essential oils are very beneficial in the hydration of the skin. It reduces dryness and roughness of the skin. It assists in removing melanin pigments from the darker regions. This can be used on the elbows, heels, knees etc.
Olive oil and almond oil:
Olive oil is rich in anti-oxidants that give healthy and supple skin. It induces smoothness of the skin and makes it look bright and shiny. It is non-sticky in texture and mild in fragrance. It is transparent in color like water. Almond oil is a good source of vitamin-E that lightens the skin color and make it more radiant and glowing. It makes the skin touchable soft and supple.
- Take 2 full spoons of olive oil
- And 2 full spoons of almond oil
- Mix it together in a bowl
- Massage the elbow areas with this mixture gently for a few minutes
Rosemary oil and mustard oil:
Rosemary oil removes dryness of the skin and makes it smooth and super soft like never earlier. On the other hand, mustard oil brightens the skin tone instantly.
- Take 4 spoons of rosemary oil in a bowl
- Add 1 spoon of mustard oil in it
- Now apply these oils on the elbows
- Massage the skin in circular motion to get optimum results
Scrub remedy to lighten Rough Dark Colored Elbows
Milk and sugar scrub:
Scrubbing deeply cleanse the skin and removes excess oil from it. It makes the skin glowing and fair. Milk acts as an anti-darkening liquid and brown sugar exfoliates the skin and clean the skin pores.
- Take 4 tablespoons of milk
- Add 1 spoon of brown sugar in it
- And start massaging your elbows with this scrub
- Do it for minimum 10-20 minutes.
Lemon and orange bleach:
Bleaching helps in increasing the skin color and its shine. It should be avoided in burn and acne prone areas. Elbow bleaching will give instant whitening results. Lemon consists critic acid that clears the skin and also makes it glowing whereas orange helps in skin smoothing and brightening the complexion.
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add all things together and mix it properly.
- Slowly rub this mixture on the elbows
- Keep it doing for 15-20 minutes
- Lastly, wash it with cold water.
Gram flour and honey elbow lightening pack
Gram flour gently cleans the skin and removes dead cells from it. It also develops smoothness on the skin. Furthermore, honey gives enough moisture to the dry and rough elbows in just a single application.
- Take 2 spoons of gram flour
- Add 1 spoon if pure honey
- Add I spoon of curd (optional)
- ½ spoon of turmeric (optional)
- Add some olive oil in it and make a pack
- Don’t make it too thick and apply it onto the elbows
- Remove gently with cold water after 20 minutes
So, with these remedies you should not give excuse for the dark elbows any longer. Try these and get softer and lighter elbows. Additionally, you can also take care of your skin by applying suitable sunscreen when ever you step out. Sun also causes skin damage, darkness and tanning. This is why, protecting the skin from ultra violet rays is necessary.
Using loofah to scrub the skin everyday, while you take shower also scrubs the dark and rough skin away hence, the cell turnover increases and new fresh skin is exposed. But, always remember to apply a deep hydrating moisturizer post the scrubbing of dark elbow, else the roughness will not be healed thoroughly.