Dry, flaky skin can be problematic and looks dull without any radiance and glow. When you have dry skin, skin’s glands are underactive. The glands have a purpose and that is to keep the skin hydrated by secreting oils on the skin. So, when these glands produce less oils and sebum, then the skin looks dry and flaky. It becomes really essential to keep skin hydrated and moist so that skin shouldn’t look dull, scaly and parched. Moreover, dry skin is more prone to premature wrinkles. We will be sharing some face masks for dry skin that is very good for dry skin that help combat the dryness. So, let’s see first what are the factors that makes your skin dry so that you can prevent and avoid them. If you wish to read the face packs recipes then skip ahead and scroll down to the face mask section. 🙂
What makes your skin Dry, Peeling and Flaky?
Dry skin is characterized by the roughness and flakiness. Now we know that skin that is naturally dry will have under active sebaceous glands. Right? But that is not all !!there can be some other factors that will make your skin dry and dull.
Winter is a season where skin tends to get dry due to the temperature falling and cold harsh wind blowing. Hence, winters can even make skin dry when your actual skin type is normal.Even people with oily skin can notice that during winters their skin gets a little dry on some parts. It happens Folks! Moreover, the heaters, blowers that we use during winters can also further dry up the skin.
Hot showers can strip the moisture from the skin and hence the skin looks flaky and scaly. Hot water is the biggest culprit in winters while you bath. This will take away the natural oils that lubricates your skin. Thus, the skin feels dry and rough. We understand that it is very difficult to avoid hot water baths in winters. Even we can’t afford that. But always moisturize the skin to keep the skin supple.
Apart from that skin aging is also considered as one of the causes that will make the skin dry. It is a fact that when we age the skin gets dry and the glands secrete lesser oils and this is also is the reason that we get wrinkles due to that. Moreover, the collagen also decreases.
Skin care products
Have you ever noticed or experienced that after using certain skin care products your skin suddenly gets dry and rough. Yes, this can happens when we do not use the right skin care products for the dry skin.
Easy Homemade Face masks for Dry Skin and Rough Skin
These dry skin face masks nourishes the skin and ensures adequate hydration.
1. Banana and Honey face mask for dry skin
How to make?
- To make this face mask you will need one third of banana.
- Mash it with a fork, once you get an even paste then add some honey to it.
- Make sure that the consistency should be a little thicker so, that it should stick properly on the face.
- Apply this evenly on the face and wait for 20 minutes.
Benefits of this banana honey face mask
Honey and banana are very good skin nourishers. This face mask help combat the dryness, making skin glowing and radiant. It keeps the flakiness in check.
This face mask can be tried twice a week and is ideal for your normal to dry skin. Read: Dry skin pack with banana
2. Milk and Almond Yoghurt face mask for dry skin
- Milk and almond can be a combination for a great dry skin face mask.
- You will need to soak 4-5 almonds in water or milk at night then the next day, peel off the outer skin from the almonds.
- Crush the almonds and once you get the fine paste add few drops of milk.
- Apply it all over the face and allow it to sit on the face for 20 minutes.
This is an excellent face mask to get glowing skin and get rid of dryness.
It also makes skin fairer once used regularly.
3. Oatmeal and Yoghurt face mask for dry skin
Another great face mask for dry flaky skin can be made with oatmeal and yoghurt.
How to make?
- Take a teaspoonful of oatmeal and add a teaspoonful of yoghurt.
- Keep it for 2- 3 minutes so that the oatmeal can get softer.
- Mix it well and apply it all over the face. Keep it for 20 minutes and then rinse off with plain water.
- This face mask nourishes and hydrates the dry skin.
- It can be tried once or twice a week. It also heals dry patches.
Yoghurt is great for dry skin as it helps enhance the glow and makes skin supple. Oatmeal acts as a gentle scrub which removes flakes and exfoliates gently.
Also Read: Winter face packs for dry skin
4. Gram flour and Yoghurt face mask for dry skin
How to prepare?
- To make this face mask take a teaspoonful of gram flour and a teaspoonful of yoghurt.
- Mix both of them well. Once you get and even paste, apply it over the clean face.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash the face with plain water.
- This face mask will combat the flakiness and makes skin softer looking. Read: Dry skin care tips for men
5. Honey, Oatmeal and Strawberry face mask for dry skin
Strawberries not only taste good but when used as a face mask they can deliver good results in healing dry patches making skin smoother and supple.
How to prepare?
- Take a teaspoonful of honey, half a teaspoonful of oatmeal and a teaspoonful of strawberry paste or pulp.
- Mix all these ingredients well, apply on the face evenly and wait for 15- 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water and see the difference.
- It is very effective for dry skin.
These dry skin face masks are very effective in ensuring that the skin looks fresh and rejuvenated. They makes skin softer, supple and dullness will be gone. Try to use any of these once or twice a week at least to get the desired results.