Hibiscus also known as gudhal in Hindi, is extremely beneficial for hair. This flower along with its leaves is used in so many ways to fight hair fall, induce hair growth and also gives satisfactory results in bald patches. It is also said that hibiscus dyes the hair and prevents premature aging. All these properties are due to the high nutritional value of the hibiscus flower and hibiscus leaves. It is rich in amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and alpha Hydroxy acids along with other nutrients. Hibiscus is also available in the market in the form of powder or one can use the hibiscus flower and leaves if there is a plant they could get hold of.
Benefits of Hibiscus for hair
The wonderful plant provides so many benefits for hair due to its vitamin C and amino acid rich composition. The flowers are lathery and mucilaginous which makes this plant a wonderful product to be used for healthier hair.
- It helps and prevents the premature graying of hair when used as hair oil or hair pack.
- Hibiscus is known to combat hair loss and hair fall in men and women.
- Hibiscus is good for all skin types and does no harm.
- Hibiscus makes the hair roost and strands stronger.
- It conditions the hair mildly and keeps them bouncier.
How to use Hibiscus for Hair
Hibiscus can be used in variety of different ways like as Hibiscus shampoos, hair oil and hair conditioners. A good thing is that you can prepare all these Hibiscus hair care related products yourself at home. Getting Hibiscus enriched products from the store may also carry a disadvantage in the form of preservatives and chemicals.
Here are some detailed recipe of Hibiscus uses as hair oil, shampoos and hair conditioner or rinse.
Herbal Hibiscus shampoo
- Hibiscus flowers
- Hibiscus Leaves
- Reetha (Soapnut)
Recipe to prepare hibiscus shampoo at home
- Heat 4 cups of water in a pan and add 5-6 hibiscus flowers and half cup of Hibiscus leaves.
- Take 8-10 soap nuts and break them, take out the seeds and put the outer skin in that water.
- Boil the water and once it reaches 1 and half cup. Put off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Once it cools, mash the product with fingers and strain the water.
- Use this water to wash the hair.
- It will mildly lather but will cleanse the hair.
- This shampoo can be preserved in the refrigerator and used when needed.
Hibiscus Hair oil for hair
- Hibiscus leaves
- Hibiscus flowers
- Coconut oil
Recipe for hibiscus hair oil and application
- Take a pan and put one cup of coconut oil in it.
- Allow the oil to warm up and put 8-10 hibiscus flowers and few Hibiscus leaves.
- Boil the oil for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep boiling till it gets infused with the Hibiscus extracts and turns slightly reddish in color.
- You can also put some amla in it to make it more powerful in combating hair loss and hair regrowth.
- When the oil cool down, mash the Hibiscus left overs and then strain the oil.
- Use this hair oil to massage the hair.
The homemade conditioner for hair adds shine and bounce when applied at least once in a week. You just have to be patient enough for these treatments to work.
How to make this conditioner at home?
Hibiscus conditioner needs two things. 3-4 hibiscus flowers and some water.
Boil the water and put hibiscus flowers.
Boil it till the water turns slightly red.
Mash the flowers once the water cools off and use this to rinse the hair after the hair wash as a hair conditioner.
This is how one can follow the remedies with hibiscus, just try these on regular basis so that the benefits and results can be long-term.
- How to Use Hibiscus Flower powder for growth
- Hibiscus Hair packs for Hair Growth
- Best Remedies with Hibiscus Flower for Hair Loss and Hair fall
- How to Use Brahmi Powder for Hair loss
- Ayurvedic Homemade Hair Growth packs