How to prevent and get rid of the Razor bumps
We all wish to flaunt a perfect smooth hair less skin. Shaving is one of the easiest method of hair removal which I like as when we don’t have the time to go to a salon or parlor then the razors can be savoir. It hardly takes 15 minutes to shave the legs and hands and be ready to sport the short dress that we like. But there can be some problems related to shaving that we girls often face. One is the ingrown hair problems that take place after few days. We have shared here how to prevent the ingrown hair. Second is the razor bumps. The redness, small bumps are not permanent but while we are going out we don’t want the world to see the red bumps on our hands or legs.
So, in this post we will share useful tips on how to prevent and get rid of the razor bumps and the burning after shaving at home.
How to get rid of the razor Bumps
1. Cold treatment
When we have razor bumps then apply some cold water treatment which gives instant relief from that. You can soak a towel in cold water and apply that on the razor bumps. This will help to get rid of the razor bumps. You can also rub ice cubes directly on the skin where the bumps are.
2. Hydrocortisone cream
You can try hydrocortisone cream on the skin that has the red razor bumps. This cream will kill any infection causing microbes and heals the epidermal layer of skin.
3. Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel is a very soothing product so, you can apply some fresh aloe vera gel on the razor bumps. This will sooth the skin.
4. Tea tree oil
You can also apply some tea tree oil. But that should not be applied directly. Make diluted mixture of tea tree oil with water. Take around 10 teaspoonful of water and 1 teaspoonful of tea tree oil then with a cotton wool a gently apply that on the razor bumps.
How to prevents razor bumps
These were the ways but which you can treat the razor bumps which are painful and look ugly but don’t you think prevention is always better than care. So, here is how you can prevent the razor bumps from forming in the first place.
- Always use sharp and new razors, the razors that have become sold are most likely to give the burnings sensation and razor bumps. So check the razor and change that soon.
- Use shaving foam to give a smoother and pleasurable shaving experience. Shaving foam lubricates the skin well so that the razor glides smoothly.
- Apply aloe vera gel or a baby oil after the shaving so that the skin stays fresh and smooth
- Use the hair removal creams when you feel the skin still have bumps and will be painful to shave. Depilatory creams are best to use in that situation.
- Applying anti septic cream after the shaving when you feel there were few bumps or burning this will prevent the problem from getting worse.
Proper way to shave the skin
Always exfoliate the skin so that the debris etc is removed this will also give a closer shave.
Wet the skin and use foam for shaving. Apply that generously on the skin to be shaved and then shave.
Always shave in the opposite direction to the hair growth and at 45 degree angle. This makes sure that the skin is not damaged but the razor touches the hair follicle as closely as possible.
Apply an anti septic cream, Tea tree oil lotion or aloe vera gel after the shaving to keep the skin moisturized and minimize the chances of any bumps, redness or rashes alter on.