How to Prevent Wrinkles with Olive Oil
Wrinkles are inevitable as we age but we can surely delay the signs of aging with proper skin care. At times you may have noticed that even though you have quite young there can be fine lines under the eyes, near the lips etc. These lines become wrinkles as we age. Since prevention is always considered better than cure. We will share how you can prevent the wrinkles using olive oil. Olive oil is rich in fatty acids and some skin healing nutrients. This boost the skin’s cell renewal which in fact promotes the production of collagen.
Young individuals who have dry skin should take extra measure than oily skinned ones this is because dry skin already lacks the sebum secretion which lubricates the skin naturally. Therefore dry skinned people should take extra care to prevent wrinkles when they are as young as in their 20s.
How Olive Oil Prevents Wrinkles and Lines
- Olive oil is rich in nutrients and fatty acids. This oil is extensively used in skin creams, body lotions, body butter, hair care products like hair tonics, shampoos etc. Even in anti aging creams olive oil is being used.
- The oil has antioxidants which help to get rid of the free radicals from the skin. Free radicals are to be blamed for the aging of the cells due to oxidative stress.
- Olive oil also increases the cell turnover therefore, the skin looks smoother and fewer lines are formed.
- It gives moisture to the skin which makes the lines to form less and skin elasticity is restored.
- The essential amino acids and vitamin in the olive oil facilitates the production of new skin cells at faster rate and also helps in the collagen production.
- The damage to the skin that is being caused due to sun can also be reversed with olive oil massaging.
How to Prevent wrinkles with olive oil: Remedies and Recipes
Before starting the treatment recipes, we would suggest you to use extra virgin olive oil which is extorted by cold pressing technique. You can easily prevent wrinkles with these olive oil recipes.
1. Massaging with Olive Oil to fade lines
- First of all you need to cleanse the face with a mild facial cleanser.
- Take some drops of extra virgin olive oil and massage on the face.
- You need to massage for at least 5 minutes.
- This is ideal to be done before going to bed.
- The same can be done for the body as well like the arms, legs etc.
- Massaging will help to improve the skin texture.
- This should be done everyday a night time since you won’t want to be greasy looking during the day.
- This is best for normal to dry skin.
2. Olive Oil with Tomato Juice To Smoothen Lines
Olive oil is extremely hydrating with anti aging properties but if your skin has some lines that you wish to fade then using a homemade treatment with olive oil and tomato juice will be ideal. You can prevent the wrinkles with this olive oil and tomato treatment.
- Take 2 teaspoonful of tomato juice and add half teaspoonful of olive oil (extra virgin) in that.
- Clean your first before using this remedy.
- Using clean fingers apply this lotion on the face.
- Gently massage the face with this.
- Continue to massage the face for 10 minutes using this mixture.
- Then leave this for 15 minutes.
- After that wash the face with clean water.
- Pat dry the face.
- This should be done by dry skinned people every other day to get smoother wrinkle free skin.
3. Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub For Wrinkle Cure
This is another remedy to get smooth line free skin using the olive oil. This remedy with olive oil will improve the skin texture therefore this will increase the collagen production as well. This is ideal for treating wrinkles.
- Mix 2 teaspoonful of sugar in that and mix 1 teaspoonful of olive oil in that.
- Mix this well and add 1 teaspoonful of honey in that.
- Use this scrub on the face with the fingers.
- Apply all over the face and then scrub the face with fingers.
- Keep scrubbing for 10 minutes.
- Leave it on the face for 15 minutes then wash the face with normal water.
4. Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil
- Take 1 teaspoonful of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Take a vitamin E oil capsule and then cut it.
- Pour the vitamin E oil drops in the olive oil and mix them well.
- Then apply this on the face, hands and on the legs.
- Massage the face and other body parts.
- Leave this for 1 hour.
- After that, you can wash the face with normal water.
- This should be used 2 times in a week to keep the skin’s natural elasticity and suppleness intact.
5. Olive Oil with Jojoba Oil Massaging
Jojoba oil is also a highly beneficial oil to give moisture to the face therefore these 2 oils can be very hydrating for the face and recommended in preventing the wrinkles and lines.
How to use this:
- Take 3-4 drops of jojoba oil and add 10-12 drops of olive oil in that.
- Mix the 2 oils well and then take this mixture to massage the face.
- The massage should be done by giving little pressure on the face.
- This pressure should be light with the finger tips and then the oils should be left for overnight.
- If you feel that the face is greasy then you can wipe off the excess oil using a tissue paper and then go to bed.
- This can be tried daily or 3 times in a week.
So, using these treatments, you can prevent the wrinkles and lines using olive oil and achieve a younger looking skin.