Honey for Dark Circles Treatment
Due to stress, poor diet, inadequate sleep, deficiency of vitamins, medical conditions etc can lead to the darkening of under eye skin area. The darkness can make you look weak and tired. Under eye area do not have lubricating glands therefore that area also tends to get fine line and winkles and when the under eye areas turns darker then this can also make you look older than you are.
Dark circles not just happen to mature people but young individual, teenagers too can get dark circles. Due to stressful life, dark circles are common beauty related concern that crops us. However, you can treat the darkness under the eye using some home remedies. Here we will share, how you can use the honey for curing the dark circles. Also see: Natural treatments for dark circles
How Honey helps in dark circles
Honey has many vitamins and nutrients. The skin healing and moisture providing properties in honey will make this a great ingredient to cure the fine lines and the darkness under the eyes.
Honey has antioxidants which help to make the skin of the under eye region tighter. There honey for dark circles can be used daily to lighten the dark circles.
Honey has been used since ages to beautify the skin. Honey massage and facial mask were quite popular to keep the skin look fresh and lighter.
It heals any discoloration under the eyes, at time the darkness can be slightly bluish in color.
Honey has bleaching properties too which help in removing the dark circles.
How to use honey for Lightening dark circles
1. Honey Mask For Dark Circles
- Wash the face with mild cleanser or just with plain water if there is no need for the cleanser.
- Take some organic honey in a teaspoonful. Half a teaspoonful shall be enough. Then apply this under the eyes.
- You can use the ring finger to apply this raw honey under the eyes.
- Leave this for 30 minutes then wash the face with normal water. This has to be done daily to get the maximum benefits.
2. Honey and Lemon Juice For Dark Circles Cure
- Mix half teaspoonful of honey with half teaspoonful of lemon juice.
- Take this mixture in a small bowl. You can make more of this mixture and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. But honey and lemon juice should be in equal quantity.
- Clean the face with plain water. Then apply this under the eye over the dark circles using the ring finger.
- If in case you have darkness on the eyelids as well, then this treatment can be applied on the eyelids as well but you have to keep the eyes shut else this can go into the eyes.
- Lemon juice will sting the eye so keep the yes close. Wash this from the face after 20 minutes.
3. Honey and cucumber juice For Removing Dark Circles
Honey can also be used with cucumber for dark circles. Here is the recipe.
- This is a mixture that will treat the dark circles faster and you can store this for 1 week in refrigerator. But increase the quantity if you want to keep it for a week.
- Mix 1 teaspoonful of cucumber juice with half teaspoonful of honey.
- Apply this mixture over the dark circles either with clean fingers for with cotton ball.
- Leave for 20 minutes then wash with cold water. This will remove the darkness within 2-3 weeks.
4. Honey and Banana Mask For Under Eye Dark Circles
Another way to use honey for dark circles is by mixing with some banana.
- This is an eye mask which will sooth the under eye area and will lighten the dark circles under the eyes.
- This has honey and banana. Banana is good for moisturization and to make the skin lighter.
- Peel off a banana and take a small chunk from that. You can eat the rest of the banana.
- Now, mash that small piece of banana and mix 1 teaspoonful of honey in that.
- Mix them again using a spoon. After that you can apply this paste under the eyes and then wait for 30 minutes.
- Actually this paste can be applied on the entire face not just on the under eye area.
- Then you can wash the face with cold water. This needs to be done 2 times in a week.
- This under eye pack will also remove the fine lines and the dark circles.
5. Honey with almond oil To Removes Darkness under Eyes
Almond oil is rich in the vitamin E. This vitamin is extremely beneficial in making the fine lines light and also to fade the dark circles.
- Take half teaspoonful of honey and in that just mix 5-6 drops of almond oil.
- Make sure that the almond oil is extra virgin almond oil so that that would not clog any pores.
- Leave this for at least 30 minutes then wipe off with a tissue paper then rinse with tepid water.
- This has to be done daily. When you go to sleep at night. Make sure you apply some extra virgin or pure almond oil under the eyes. This will further help in healing the dark circles.
Now that you know how to use honey to get rid of the dark circles you must be aware of some points that will also help you to prevent the dark circles.
Extra tips to prevent dark circles
When you go to sleep, always use some organic and pure almond oil or use a night cream that should make the process of removing the dark circles faster. See: Honey and green tea mask for dark spots
Try to use natural honey since the honey that is not natural and is mixed with jaggery then that will not give good results in lightening the dark circles effectively.
Take sleep for at least 7 hours in a day to keep the darkness away.
Make it a habit to consume one fruit everyday or at least nuts like walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds etc. These will further help to present the dark circles or the existing dark circles from going worse.
Always apply these treatments using the ring finger with light pressure and never rub vigorously under the eyes.
During the day time, it will be good if you use an under eye cream. Like we use skin creams similarly it is also important to use under eye creams.