Homemade Recipes with Olive Oil for Dry hair
Olive oil can be wonderful treatment if you are suffering from dry hair problem. That dryness can make the hair to get rough and frizzy. Dry hair also makes it very difficult to make pretty hairstyles. Olive oil is one oil that is full of minerals and vitamins that will surely help the dry hair to get back to normal. There are various ways to use olive oil to treat the dry hair so, let’s know first how exactly olive oil is beneficial for hair.
Olive Oil Benefits for Dry Hair and How It Helps?
- Olive oil have various minerals and antioxidants which helps to protect the scalp from the oxidative stress thus protecting the layer of the scalp.
- This also helps to prevents the premature aging of hair and hair loss.
- Olive oil is a very good emollient therefore it will enrich the shaft with moisturization and keeps the hair strands supple and also improves the hair elasticity.
- For dry and damaged hair, olive oil is considered as the best.
- And most importantly, this oil is an effective solution to cure dryness of your hair especially during the winter season.
- The oil is an excellent hair conditioner and makes your hair more manageable when you apply it on regular basis.
- Even, if you do not try any remedies with olive oil, just the simple application of this oil, as a massage oil at night, helps a lot in curing the dryness, roughness and frizzy hair.
- The oil strengthens your hair roots and also makes them less prone to breakage and split ends.
- Not just that this oil also acts as a DHT blocker that stop the hair loss due to the excessive production of the dihydrotestosterone hormone, therefore, it encourages growth of new hair.
How to Use Olive Oil for Dry Hair Treatment
Hare are few recipes and treatments using olive oil that will help to give you smother locks and lustrous softer hair naturally.
1. Olive Oil Hair Tonic for Dry rough hair
This excellent recipe helps to treat the dryness and split ends. Argan oil along with olive oil is also excellent for dry damaged hair. It repairs the damage and deep conditions the cuticle of the hair.
- To prepare an olive oil hair tonic for treating the dry hair, take 2 teaspoonful of olive oil and add 2 teaspoonful of rose water.
- Also add 1 teaspoonful of Argan oil Mix them and apply on the scalp and hair.
- Try to coat the entire hair strand with this hair tonic so that the hair gets moisturized.
- Wash after 2 hours.
How often: 2 times in a week.
2. Overnight Olive Oil Hair Mask for dry hair
This overnight hair mask will help you get rid of the hair dryness and also treats the dandruff if you have.
- Simply warm up some olive oil in a microwave or in a small katori over the burner.
- Use this olive oil to massage the scalp and hair.
- Then Leave it for overnight.
- Wash the hair with mild shampoo the next day and enjoy the smoother hair.
Do this remedy 2 times in a week to get good benefits to curing the dry hair.
3. Shampooing with Olive oil for dry hair care
While shampooing, add half teaspoonful of olive oil in the shampoo and then use this to wash the hair. This olive oil infused hair oil will give extra moisturization and nourishment to the dry hair.
This quick tip will help you get the dryness relief even while you are shampooing your hair. Post that you can use a good hair conditioner that can seal the moisture in your locks.
4. Deep conditioning with Olive oil and Curd
Olive oil and curd makes an excellent mask to cure the dandruff and to stimulate the growth of the new hair. Moreover, this simple recipe makes the dry hair softer and smoother. Using this regularly will also cure the split-ends.
- Mix 4 teaspoonful of curd and add 3 teaspoonful of olive oil in it.
- Mix both of them and then use this on the hair.
- Massage the hair and then leave this enriching hair condition treatment for 2 hours then wash with water and shampoo with a mild hair.
5. Egg and Olive Oil Mask for dry hair
Egg is also high in fatty acids which will further nourish the dry and rough hair. Prepare a hair mask with olive oil and egg hair mask to get beautiful softer shinier hair.
- Mix 1 egg into 3 teaspoonful of olive oil.
- Apply this on the hair like you shampoo and leave for 2 hours.
- Wash the hair with cold water to remove this dry hair mask from the hair strands.
- After this use a shampoo to remove the egg smell and olive oil from the hair.
So, the next time you see that your dry hair are making you conscious, try these tips and get them smoother and shinier. You can also read Homemade Leave in hair Serum for Dry hair