Rosemary Oil for Hair Loss
None of us wants to experience the hair fall and receding hair line. However, due to certain factors hair loss crepes in. This can definitely drive a person crazy, when one finds loads of hair strands coming on the hair brush daily. There is an oil that can be used to treat the hair loss in both men and women. This oil is Rosemary Oil. This rosemary essential oil is clear and transparent with a slightly herb like smell. This is not very thick in consistency thus very easy to spread unlike some very thick oils like castor oil. Rosemary oil is loaded with various health benefits and is also sprinkled over the salads to get its benefits for the health. But here we will talk about how rosemary oil is also used for treating the hair loss and hair fall problems. We will also advice you to take certain healthy food to control the hair fall along with these remedies.
How to use Rosemary Oil for Hair Loss, Hair Fall, Hair Growth
Hot oil treatment with Rosemary oil and coconut oil
We think coconut is one of the most commonly used oil that gives stronger and thicker hair so when the rosemary oil mixes with that, the effects are boosted on another level.
How to use this hair loss treatment:
- Mix 2-3 teaspoonful of coconut oil with a teaspoonful of rosemary oil.
- Using the finger tips take the oil and apply on the scalp.
- Keep sectioning the scalp and apply the oil. Once the entire scalp has been coated with the oil concoction, you can gentle massage the scalp.
- Massaging should be gentle and not vigorous. Leave this for overnight for best results.
- Next day, wash the hair followed by a hair conditioner.
- Repeat the same procedure after 2-3 days. So, within a week you should try this rosemary oil massaging at least 2 times.
- This will boost the circulation of blood and also promotes the hair regrowth.
Rosemary hair tonic for hair growth
This remedy does not need anything else then the Rosemary essential oil only. The rosemary oil can help to boost the cell growth and increasing the circulation of blood which further help in growth of the hair strands out of the hair follicles. Here is how you do this easy treatment.
- Just take the oil and drop by drop apply all over the scalp.
- This will be very light oil application and nothing like that we do with coconut oil or with hot oil massaging.
- The application should only on the roots and scalp, not on the hair. This needs to be done at night.
- So, try that while you are going to bed.
Other Natural ways to use Rosemary oil for hair loss
Rosemary oil with onion juice for hair fall
Another efficient herbal remedy to treat the hair loss and promote the hair growth, is onion which is high in sulphur. This rich sulphur content of onions will make the hair fall gets lesser. This will also strengthen the hair roots. But when the onion juice is mixed with rosemary oil then the efficiency of this become doubles. This is how you can try:
- There mix 2-3 teaspoonful of onion juice and add 10-12 drops of rosemary oil in that.
- Apply this all over the scalp and roots of the hair with the finger tips.
- Once you have finished applying this mixture, give your scalp a gentle massage with moving the finger gently.
- Leave this for overnight, next day shampoo and condition the hair.
Also see: Protein Rich hair packs for hair fall
Rosemary oil with green tea for curing hair loss
Green tea is rich in antioxidant and prevents the free radicals that cause the cell damage hence green tea and rosemary oil can also be used to treat the hair loss and hair fall. This treatment will promote the hair growth when done 2 times in a week.
Procedure of this rosemary oil recipe:
- All you need to do is to get a green tea bag. Put that in some water. Less than ¼ cup of water will be fine.
- Let the tea brew. Then add ½ teaspoonful of rosemary oil in it.
- The remaining green tea bag should not be thrown as that can be used on the face.
- Have a look at the green tea beauty recipes here to make your skin more attractive and smooth.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and wash the hair after 3-4 ours. It would be better if you keep that too overnight.
Rosemary oil shampoo for hair fall and hair loss
You can either use a rosemary shampoo which is being sold by many herbal hair care brands or if you can’t procure one then it will be god to make one for yourself. This is extremely easy. Here is what you can do:
Procedure of making any shampoo rich with rosymary oil:
- While you wash the hair with your regular shampoo (preferably a herbal shampoo) then take a teaspoonful of shampoo on the palm.
- Then add 4-5 drops of rosemary essential oil in that.
- Mix and apply on the scalp and wash the hair thoroughly like you normally do. Finish the hair washing by using hair conditioner.
So, these were the ways with which you can use this rosemary essential oil for controlling for hair loss, hair fall and for getting good results in receding hair line. You can also check out our post on some quick hair fall remedies here.