Mulethi powder for hair, uses and benefits
Licorice root or Mulethi is an outstanding ingredient for the hair health. Licorice is not only good for hair but it has vital benefits for the body and skin as well. This wood like substance is useful in making many Ayurvedic medicines for infections and diseases. This natural product is brownish in color from outside and yellow from inside. You know that mulethi is used for the skin whitening and also for the hair care. In hair care, mulethi is used to prevent baldness, grow new hair and to control the excessive hair loss in men and women. Not only that licorice or mulethi is also used for health care where drinking mulethi infused tea will help you reduce cholesterol and heart disease. So, let’s see friends, how mulethi can be used for hair by different home remedies.
Hair benefits of Mulethi or Licorice Root
Mulethi powder prevents baldness and hair loss in men and women by stimulating the follicles to give rise to the new hair strands.
- It cures hair loss caused by unusual circumstances
- This acts as an anti-bacterial agent so that the scalp infections cured.
- Mulethi powder deeply cleanses your scalp and hair hence the sebum is lifted and hair looks shinier.
- It helps in removing oiliness from your locks so that the oily scalp hair loss can be prevented.
- This natural goodie gives shine to your hair and makes them lustrous and smooth
- Premature hair graying can be controlled with the regular use of mulethi powder.
Uses of mulethi powder for hair
Mulethi as a shampoo:
You can achieve healthy and shiny strands with the help of a natural cleanser made with mulethi. It works great on oily scalp and controls frizz and hair fall. Moreover, this mulethi shampoo will cure the dryness and excessive oiliness.
How to make it?
- Take 1 mulethi stick and 3-4 reetha balls
- Also take an equal portion of bhringraj and amla
- Now heat a pan and add 1 cup of water in it
- Now add all the natural ingredients in it and give it a little boil
- In the end, soak it overnight and wash your hair in the morning
Mulethi as deep hair conditioner:
Mulethi can also be used as a conditioner for your locks. It is super easy and gives instant results too. This hair conditioner will make your hair dryness lesser. Furthermore, your dry hair will looks moisturised and nourished. Mulethi powder is rich in minerals and deep hair conditioning substances hence your hair will look beautiful and softer.
How to make it?
- Take 1 cup of yoghurt in a bowl
- Add 5 full spoons of mulethi powder in it and then add 2 full spoons of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients well using a spoon and apply it onto your hair and scalp
- Massage it for a few minutes and rinse off with cold water
Remove dandruff with Mulethi Powder
Mulethi aids dandruff and flaky scallop. It slows down the spreads of lice and itching and give you clean strands. Mulethi is anti bacterial and also anti fungal. Dandruff is a known fungal infection hence mulethi remedy is great for curing dandruff naturally . You can try this natural remedy for dandruff once in a week and get rid of the long dandruff infection that you have.
How to make it?
- Take 5 full spoons of mulethi powder.
- Now also take 2 full spoons of lemon juice and add 2 full spoons of neem leaves powder
- Half cup of yoghurt in it and in the end, mix everything well
- Detangle your hair by combing them first.
- Now start applying this hair mask onto your hair and scalp
- Massage it gently and wear a shower cap
- Leave it for 45 minutes. After that rinse off with warm water and follow a hair cleanser
How to use Mulethi Powder for baldness and hair fall:
It is the most useful tip for new hair growth and control on existing hair loss. It improves hair texture and repair the hair shaft. Mulethi makes your hair strong, shiny and lustrous to touch. You will start seeing the difference in hair loss and hair thickness in a few applications of this hair mask. Moreover, this recipe is also good for the thinning of the hair like when we see that our hair strands are getting thinner. best remedies for thinning hair
How to make it?
- Take 5 full spoons of mulethi powder and bhringraj powder in a bowl
- Also add the sikhakai powder in the bowl
- Add some mustard oil in it and mix all the ingredients well using a small spoon
- Make a hair pack and then apply the hair pack onto your hair and focus on the scalp
- Use your fingertips to apply on the scalp and take a hair brush to use it on the tips
- For best results, Leave it for 40 minutes or more as per your convenience
- Now wash it with cold water and follow your hair routine
So, friends this is how you can use mulethi powder to help treat your dandruff, hair loss and baldness. The only thing you have to do is to apply these mulethi home remedies once or twice in a week religiously.
By Ratna Balani